Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
rednblu

Il fallait dire que tout est au mieux.

PaulMac

Just in case anyone missed it, the total feedback from Spotify this year is as follows:

"

"

And there you have it folks.  Tune in this time next year for more of the same.

Zabrax

@PJ_Soul wrote:

Lol, exactly. I was like "what??" Oh, that's just a fancy way of saying he's using playlists, haha. Yeah, me too. I call them "Library spillover 1" 2, 3, and so on. I mean, it works, but it's far from ideal, because those little checkmarks by the songs in your library are useful. Without them, you don't know if you've already put the song in your library spillover playlists. You actually have to go and move it to a playlist so it tells you you've already got it in there. And if you have it in a previous library spillover playlist that you've already filled, well, now you have have duplicate songs in multiple playlists. So yeah, using playlists is what's keeping me from ditching Spotify, but it sure isn't the kind of user-friendliness I expect from a premium service either.

This is so true... I never understood the workaround of using playlists instead of "my music". I mean, for me, the point of "my music" is that I get a tick that lets me know I have already added this song. Otherwise, I just can't know. The convenience of using a single button to remember a song and perhaps sort it later into some playlists. Even being able to show all the covers of the albums where you like at least one song, or the portraits of the artists.

gr33nmind

Trying to approach this in a way Spotify might understand. When Spotify cuts single playlists off at 10,000 tracks, this wil result in multiple copies. I mean I try not to repeat my songs, but I have 30,000 plus tracks in my library, and some get repeated, because there in three playists, so I probably have less then 30,000 tracks. When songs are in seperate playlists, Spotify will not pick up on duplicate entries. I have a good memory for music, but it's not infallible. This is only putting more of a strain on Spotify servers. Please explain how removing this strain on your servers will result in a lesser user listening experience. It will make your job easier, unless the reason it is not available, is because your computer programmers are unable to figure out how to make this easy switch. I don't have programming experience, but there are programmers in this forum, who are more then happy to help. Your service would enter the 21rst entury, you would have a lot more happy customers, and you'd be putting less strain on your servers. Sounds like a win-win.

zcherries

10,000 songs is too low a limit. I put up with Spotify limiting downloads to 3000, but a hard 10,000 library limit is where I stop paying for this. Time to move to a different service.

JoshuaNovak919

Spotify is so full of BS. "less than 1% of users are reaching this Your Music limit". Really? Cause there are over 437 pages of comments about this and this is just one of the threads about this issue. Also, duh, you are making the people that favorite songs leave because you have this stupid limit.

maraguzzi

Im about to reach my limit on another playlist again, why is this STILL a problem?? Spotify sort it OUT

lastlivngcowboy

Re: the usefulness of the checkmark: I agree! The main reasons this limit needs to be lifted are because serious music collecters want ONE sortable library of all their favorite tracks, but also because the checkmark that saving a track marks the track with is a useful tagging hack.  If I search a song and look through all the versions of it available, I can see that at least one version has a checkmark, thus confiming I have saved at least one version of that song.  There is no way to see if a song on Spotify is one I have already used on a playlist because that data is not attached to songs. I would love to be able to search a song and have Spotify tell me which, if any, of my playlists I have added it to.  This would help me avoid redundancy across my many playlists- the checkmark is at least something that can be used as a hack around this.  Similarly having one playlist of saved songs allows me to ensure I'm not adding the same song (ex: exact same version from different albums) multiple times because I forgot I had added it at some point in the past. I make a lot of playlists for myself and others and it gets hard to remember which songs (especially if they aren't new discoveries) you have already added.

rednblu

Yayyy!  You are right!  I see three essential-- absolutely required-- functionalities in what you write.  I realized all three of those absolutely required functionalities through the crucial hack of installing the 2014 version of the Spotify player on one of my Windows 10 laptops and permanently-- permanently so far-- blocking all updates on that Windows 10 laptop. . . .  More later . . . .

Bravo Yes!  Absolutely necessary are those three essential-- absolutely required-- functionalities in what you write.

theryanlee

This is such an archaic limit in this day and age. How is it possible that I was able to store more songs in my physical CD library than I can in my digital Spotify library? It's like going backwards. I started testing out Deezer because of how much I despise Spotify's limit. Although Deezer limits me to 2,000 albums stored, it's still better than Spotify. The cool thing about Deezer is that they've separated the saving of albums from the saving of tracks. If you save an album on Deezer, it does not count towards tracks. If you save a track on Deezer, it doesn't count towards an album. Saved tracks and saved albums are completely separate entities on Deezer. This is how it should be on Spotify. So why the heck is it taking them several years?? Stop ignoring us already and give us the holiday gift we want! 🙂