Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
lniemela

I am that 1 % of 100 ho miss the opportunity to save more songs! 

Joe03596

Well, I've had enough so I just subscribed to Apple Music and will be transferring my playlists over.

It's clear that Spotify doesn't give one single **bleep** about their customers so I'll vote with my wallet.

rednblu

Could you please make your 9K track playlists public?  Thanks.

dch

@Joe03596 wrote:

Well, I've had enough so I just subscribed to Apple Music and will be transferring my playlists over.

It's clear that Spotify doesn't give one single **bleep** about their customers so I'll vote with my wallet.

Please let us know how that goes. I'm considering it but only if I can migrate my playlists and saved albums without too much hassle.

jrbolkesjo

Come on Spotify, we want this. How hard can it be. Skip the silly videos instead.

drunkenpumpkin

@rednblu wrote:

Could you please make your 9K track playlists public?  Thanks.

My one? I think it's already public iirc

rednblu

Thanks

D3r3k23
As we've previously said, less than 1% of users are reaching this Your Music limit. The current limit ensures a great experience for 99% of users instead of an "OK" experience for 100%. 

Is there a legitimate reason why increasing the song limit would make "100%" of users have an OK experience instead of a great one??? I don't know how the system works but it seems like increasing the limit would have zero negative effects for users and that that's a bullsh*t copout response.

gr33nmind

I think the reason is because they would have to hire a couple of new software engineers, who know what the heck they are doing. This expense would be miniscule at best, but cost is cost. Of course they would save the money, from not losing customers, so I'm sure that they'd make out in the end. Unfortunately any major decision requires tons of data, and this is an added expense. Unfortunately Spotify is not willing to spend money, to make money. The music industry in general, Ticket Master, CD's, itunes, Spotify, and the rest, do not have a clue, and that is why they are all dieing.

gr33nmind

Oh and btw, this limit is preventing, at least in Spotify's opinion 100 percent from having a great experience. Less then '1 percent' are affected. Okay .... 🙂  100 percent - 'anything,' still is not 100 percent.