Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
rrudolphjr
I am very pleased to not have to save full albums as playlists anymore. Thanks, Spotify!
smkspotify

I think if you save an album it still counts towards the overall 10k limit. I could be wrong though 

noidontwantto
Yeah what's up with that news about album counting changing?

Anyone who can verify that information?
rrudolphjr

I haven’t seen anything official from Spotify about these changes. I have tested everything out. When you save an album it now goes into “Music: Albums” and does not add the songs or raise the song total in “Music: Playlists: Liked Songs.” When you add songs to “Liked Songs” it does not add an entry in “Albums.” The questions now are what is the cap for “Liked Songs” — still 10k? How many albums can you save in “Albums”?

noidontwantto
Thanks for reporting back @rrudolphjr! Out of curiosity, where were you
testing? Android app?

On iOS I still see the (condescending) "Epic collection, friend" message
when I try to save albums **or** tracks... but the iOS app hasn't been
reorganized the way Android was (not for me anyway, yet). I don't even have
a "Liked Songs" playlist that I can find.

Sounds like they're ripping the whole Library concept apart and testing new
actions the user can take. I'd assume that the Playlist limits and the
Library limits themselves haven't actually changed (and the longtime
speculation is that the "Library" object is just another playlist behind
the scenes)... maybe they're sending albums one way and tracks another?

Potentially a low-effort way to partially address the problem?
Jᴀᴄᴋ

Even just allow like 15000 songs.

rrudolphjr

I have the new iOS UI on my iPhone and iPad. After reading a reddit about this, it seems to me that I may be part of a beta test. I’ll update if I am reverted back to previous UI.

Kurdanak

I posted here before about having filled my song library and moved it all to a "First 10k" playlist, therefore forced to create a "Second 10k" playlist to continue gathering music. The latter playlist is nearly filled now; "Third 10k" is on the way. It's been five years, Spotify, get it together already. Increase the limit on saved songs so your users don't have to create redundant and tedious systems to bypass your arbitrary limitations.

Edelli

@Kurdanak This is a good idea, thanks for the tip! Although I do wish that it wasn't necessary and that they would finally get moving on axing this limit!

@Kurdanak wrote:

I posted here before about having filled my song library and moved it all to a "First 10k" playlist, therefore forced to create a "Second 10k" playlist to continue gathering music. The latter playlist is nearly filled now; "Third 10k" is on the way. It's been five years, Spotify, get it together already. Increase the limit on saved songs so your users don't have to create redundant and tedious systems to bypass your arbitrary limitations.

noidontwantto
If anyone's curious to see the new design The Verge wrote something about
it here:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/17/18629274/spotify-podcast-library-redesign-music

Notice that there's no longer "Songs" under your Music Library.

They won't even confirm that this is the final vision for the product,
probably because they're running a bunch of A/B tests instead of making
decisions like big boys and girls.