Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
robigouk
Deezer has crossfade!
Ppiraat

I feel like this is the thread people come to to voice their complaints, see that everyone moved platform because of this one stupid and resolvable issue. and then move platform themselves.
I'm doing the same 

Ppiraat

like we're just discussing what other music platforms we could use, how are they not concerned?

lmwirshba
Not familiar with Deezer but will give it a spin. Why isn’t it as well known as Spotify? Is there a song limit for their saved lists?
smkspotify

Pretty sure Deezer has a limit of 2k albums saved. Their playlists have a smaller limit too, I think it's also 2000 songs.

lmwirshba
Non-starter then.
tammylulu

Rubbish

LifeWulf

I just reached this limit.

It's now been five years and there are now more votes on this issue than songs we're allowed to save.

Maybe your infrastructure wasn't up to snuff in 2014 but if this PROBLEM isn't fixed soon I'll be forced to take my money elsewhere. I'm not paying for a service that puts such arbitrary restrictions on how users interact with it.

asavagecomposer
Apple Music let's you upload stuff hm? I don't own any of Apple's products
since they're severely overpriced but this is really f*cking forcing my
hand here. Get your s**t together Spotify, ffs
noidontwantto
"I don't own any of Apple's products since they're severely overpriced"

Good news! Apple charges the same amount as Spotify for a music
subscription.

And yes, you can upload your own music... 100k track library, including
songs you upload yourself that aren't available in their catalog. Once
uploaded you can stream them anywhere. Details here:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205919