Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
d-o-g-w-o-o-d

You're a bunch of idiots for not fixing this problem. It is a MAJOR problem. If it's an issue for 1% of your user base, then that is 1.4 MILLION PEOPLE HAVING THIS PROBLEM. Fix it or you'll find people leaving. I've been using this service for 4 years and wouldn't even consider leaving but for this issue. But there's no logical reason to have this cap, it's literally just bookmarking songs. If there's a technical reason for not allowing this I'd love to hear it, but all I see is a bunch of BS. 

I guess Apple Music will get my $10/mo instead. 

-

dangerismycat

This is ridiculous. How would allowing me to "save" more songs to my "library" affect other users in the least? They're just references to the same darn file. There's no way this limit is anything but arbitrary. It is, however, a good way to tell the music lovers (aka "influencers") on your platform that you don't value you them, or the content (public playlists) they create on your platform for free.

EDIT: Your chat platform is auto-changing "d a m n" to "darn"? Seriously?

LuvsChainsawz

I have switched to Google Play because of they offer unlimited downloads and library size for the same price.

cobraken

For the love of God fix this problem NOW!!!!!!! If you're not fixing this soon, you leave me no other choice than to switch using Google Play and I will NEVER use Spotify again.

Isn't Spotify supposed to be aimed for music lovers? Well guess what music lovers enjoy doing... They enjoy listening to music!!! A LOT of music. 10000 limit is ridiculous. Nobody who truly loves music could ever be satisfied with such a small playlist.

You're making ridiculous excuses that only 1% of people face this problem and you don't want to ruin the experience for the rest of the users. What is that supposed to mean? Google and Apple don't have such ridiculous playlist limitations, so there's NO EXCUSES for this. Besides if 1% of your users faces this problem, that means about 1,4 million users. You really don't care about 1,4 million of your customers?

This is a HUGE, MAJOR problem! You're gonna have to fix this problem at one point, so why not fix it now, before all the biggest music lovers switch to using Google Play.

DuffiHuffi

Please remove the limit of 10.000 songs. I have just reached the limit and now it is timewastig to save new albums.

Anamon

@scottan32 There are two problems with that theory:

First, as another reply already pointed out, users' streams don't decide how much royalties Spotify pays, only how they are distributed. According to Spotify, Premium users who use Spotify heavily generate the same revenue and royalty payments as those who use it very little. So Spotify is mainly interested in maximising the percentage of Premiums subscribers versus free users, and don't themselves care much about how much those users stream (apart from the bandwidth costs they generate, which shouldn't make much of a difference).

And second, the 10K song limit really doesn't limit how much a user streams, it just makes it more difficult for them to find what they want to stream. That could reduce how much they use Spotify in general, but it could also not. They may listen to other stuff, or more of the same, which, again, doesn't really make a financial difference to Spotify. The fixed royalty payments will just be split up differently.

If the limit is a licensing issue, then that would probably mean that labels think the limit does reduce how much music people stream in general, generating higher payouts per stream. But if that's the case, then the labels don't have a clue how Spotify users work either. They could be trying to save their artists' music to Your Music, which would mean they would play it more often, and more of that user's monthly royalties go to them. It's the percentage that matters, not the absolute number of plays. If I can save and easily find tracks again, chances are I'll listen to them more often than other stuff, and more of my money goes to that artist or label.

Please, remove the 10.000 song limit. Why such an inconvenience in the 2017 cloud world?

l00kash

OK... so it's year 2017 and there is problem to have stored more than 10000 records in database?

Oh 'cmon guys.... Try to make another (not so lame) excuse... 

Another excuse - it's only affecting 1% blah blah blah... bull**bleep**! There are now more that 50mil users = 500000 pissed off users all around the world (ok some of them are moving out).

So fix it or there will be more and more leaving (honestly... I'm really thinking about moving back to google music 😞 )

Synoptikal

So I just wanted to direct you to this.

Unbenannt.JPG

Now, Discover Weekly is one of my favourite Spotify features. However, that last sentence insults me every time I read it. I've been at limit for MONTHS and have been unable to add from Discover Weekly. So explain to me how I can best use this feature, if I cannot save the songs I discover and like, which is, as posted above in the image, how YOU intended the feature to be used.

And do not even THINK about telling me to use playlists. The very fact that you want me to listen to a playlist and add to another playlist is counter-productive.

Simply put, 10000 songs is not enough. And also: don't bother redirecting me to your poll about whether or not I want this feature. JUST. CHANGE. THE. LIMIT.