Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
JohnCalderhead

Last update from Shitify was last September. They watch the posts, but do nothing. 

JohnCalderhead

***Spotify censored and forbidden information removed*** 

wth does this mean??

xylometazolin23

I'm currently looking for alternatives or workarounds for this issue.  Apple Music seems to have a limit at 100.000 songs.  That's at least 10 times higher than the one of Spotify.  So that's definitely an option.  On the other hand it's probably a lot of work to move the whole collection to Apple Music, because the tools for that do not work perfectly.

Another solution would be to use Playlists for splitting the collection.  Are there any tools that allow me to move the 1000 oldest songs of my library to a certain Playlist (e.g. "Library 1")?

rednblu

>>  ***Spotify censored and forbidden information removed*** 

>>                 what does this mean??

Maybe other posters here have experienced the [posting software] returning a warning message that says something like

[You can't do that here-- remove this flagged text if you really want to post].

When I got that warning message in this instance, I just deleted the entire flaggedParagraph and substituted the text "***Spotify censored and forbidden information removed***"-- to see if the [posting software] would let me post.

That is-- We Spotify users have to keep developing "user programming fixes" to the [posting software] on this thread just so that we can continue solving enough huge Spotify system bugs so that we can keep the Spotify players useable to let us hear Spotify music.

Any suggestions?

rednblu

>> How do I move the oldest songs of my library

>>   to a certain Playlist (e.g. "Library 1")?

If you go to Songs in Your Library, and if you click twice the DateAdded calendar icon until the V arrow is pointed down,

* Are your oldest songs at the top?

If yes, you might just cut the top and oldest songs to your addendum "Library 1" playlist . . . .

xylometazolin23

@ rednblu

Thanks a lot.  I didn't know that you can actually multiselect songs and put them all into a playlist or remove them all from the library.  Nice.

lastlivngcowboy
On desktop u can sort by date added. Then u can drag and drop the first
grouping of songs into a new playlist.
nahumgarcia

There should be a limit to the amount of pages an idea should have in this platform. Because you know, 99% of the ideas don't have the same amount of feedback. 

michaelalgeo

@nahumgarcia wrote:

There should be a limit to the amount of pages an idea should have in this platform. Because you know, 99% of the ideas don't have the same amount of feedback. 

Maybe we are all just thinking the more comments and pages this has, Spotify might do something.... Ohhhhh waaaaiittt!
Supergregg

This community is just a front to make it look like spotify cares. How many features from here have actually been implemented? Mu guess is, zero.