Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
artful_dodger59

I'm clicking on songs that show on Spotify but are not playing? Now what's wrong with this friggin" site? 

I.E. House of Lords 

I can only play Wanna Be Loved in the Popular Songs section? 

Oh please, oh please, sign me up for a Premimum Account. (SARCASM) 

acroson0623

Any update since last year Spotify? This is a killer idea that your customers really really want to see implemented!

artful_dodger59

Only thing I want to see is the songs put back....More and more songs are being taken off here every day! Seriously, this site is becoming a joke now. 

mikeant

Taken the plunge - cancelled my Spotify premium. been using Tidal for a month and it is excellent. And no limit! Bye bye Spotify!

rednblu

>> . . . House of Lords . . .

Well done!  You hooked me!

My favorite House of Lords track this time was "Indestructible"-- but I added all of the 110 unique tracks I found by House of Lords-- I added all 110 of those tracks to my 108,190 tracks in my YourMusic.  You can see these 110 House of Lords in my public subPlaylist named "After_807_22_Songs_Newest".  All 110 House of Lords tracks downloaded for OffLine play fine and all I played sounded great.

And right now I am shuffle playing across my entire currently 108,300 track YourMusic-- including the 110 new House of Lords tracks-- no loops, no [noticeable by me] repeats, random selection across the entire 108,300 tracks of my YourMusic.

Whenever I want to play just House of Lords, I just Ctrl-F Find on "House of Lords" across my entire currently 108,300 track YourMusic collection-- I have to do this Ctrl-F Find on my Windows 10 laptop that has the discontinued 2014 Spotify player that has all Spotify updates blocked.

mayalichthart
Dearest Spotify user,
You don't necessarily need to delete your playlists! The songs that you
saved in
those playlist will remain in your library. You can just add songs that you
haven't saved in a playlist and even download them without having to save
them in your library: maybe a (temporarily) solution to your problem?

Good luck!

-Maya
hendersj
Playlists are /not/ the "Your Library" library. They're playlists, and are
completely different.

From what I've read this is because the your music list is not paginated, the entire song list and metadata is sent in one payload. This is a ridiculous implentation for a service literally built around music. I star albums and bands that I like, and want to find again. I do that so I can browse through my sublist of stared artists when I can't quite remember what that bands name was, or I don't know what I'm in the mood to listen to and looking for something to catch my eye.

Because of this limitation I've had to unstar random artists from my collection so I can add new ones. The interface for doing this is awful, there's no UX around this, I don't know how many I still need to remove, or at what point my stars will just stop working (the notification and error only shows in some places, others it silently fails, will show the star but didn't actually add it). I'm putting it off, but I will most likely switch to another platform because of this. If I can't keep track off all my music on this platform then it just isn't a good fit for me.

If spotify cant or wont fix this issue, I would at least be a better customer experience around it. The error is vague, there is no "read more", there is no UX to help trim your collection, no warning as you approach the limit, no suggestions on how to use the platform instead, letting a user invest that much time staring 10'000 albums worth of songs only to tell them that they effectively shouldn't be doing that is a major slap in the face.

uglantope

This limit is very frustrating, as long as it doesn't require much data to extend it (or let's say, abolish). Spotify answers that :

- only 1% of the users are concerned... but those may be (or have been) the more satisfied users, and the more likely to convert people to Spotify. I am a 6-years Spotify user.

- there are other ways to save music, like doing playlists... but this is not the same use. This answer shows a particular ignorance of user experience.

I have unlimited access to internet data, Spotify streaming, phoning, and even subway network, this is ridiculous and sounds like 20th century.

By the way, once upon a time, Spotify noticed me when artists I followed were releasing new albums / touring around and this doesn't exist anymore. I am more and more unsatisfied and I am considering about switching to Deezer.

six03

So, Spotify's theory is this, "less than 1% of users hit the 10,000 wall. We stop there."

I am a web developer. Mainly front-end, so if I hit my 10,000th query online about how to code something using JavaScript. I should stop there? When I reach my 10,000th tweet, I should stop right there?

I create websites that are accessible (hopefully) to all. So the small percentage, using Spotify's 'logic', of persons that have impairments (auditory, visual, physical, cognitive, etc.) I should just say, "Less than 10% of website visitors to your site have impairments so, we really don't need to use accessibility here." Right?

Just because a finite amount of users have hit the wall, do such, you're going to shut them out because they love music?

I reached 10,000 in no time, and could probably like another 30,000 songs in no time flat again. I'm told to "download the songs on up to 5 devices", so you're going to dictate to your user base what they should do when they hit that wall?!

That is like me telling website users to "Download Internet Explorer because that is what the website was developed in and you should only use IE." Absurd.

Cap it at 50,000 or 100,000 if you really need a cap... which you don't. I pay for a service where I expect I should be able to save what I want, how many I want to my Songs list and not be told, "Whoa there partner, you've reached your limit. You must do this..." send me a link, tell me to download onto other devices (which I don't want to do because I'm not eating up all the storage on those devices), and deal with it for the time being.

Spotify is shutting out a small percentage of users that probably will go elsewhere for their music. These days, you don't want to shut your doors to a small fraction of your user base because of whatever foolish reasons you have a cap in place.

Time to lift the cap, Spotify.