Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
gr33nmind

I think the reason they don't allow is because the numbers much bigger then they want to admit publicly. If there so little of us, wth do thet even care? They never released numbers or an actual percent, so I'm thinking  it's a much bigger number then 1 percent.

davemann
It's embarrassing. The 7th gen iPod "Classic" (released in *2007!*) held
"40,000 songs"... And it actually *stored* them on the device. Spotify
can't even hold the text file describing your library of 10,000 songs?

What a joke. Get with the times.
jayvore

SPOTIFY

the ONLY thing that Apple and Tidal have over y’all is the unlimited library feature. Having the ability to save all the music we love over our entire lifetime is the number one KEY feature for all music lovers, and changing the 10,000 library limit to infinite would completely change your game. There’s still plenty of us out here who keep a collection of all the music throughout the years, and with an unlimited library, I’d never go back to Apple again. 

1969kafer

Just discovered that even my method of using Shazam to add songs to my playlist, it stops working at 11k songs

BroccoliCheese

I'm sure most people have ongoing playlists that they add music to and eventually this "1%" deal will increase. I doubt only 1% of people are making playlists that they intend to only have 9,999 songs on. I've been talking to most of my friends an they intend to be making lifelong playlists that they add music to daily and didn't know about the 9,999 limit. Bummed a few people out with that news. Had one friend that switched to Apple already because of it. There's a reason other music apps have a higher limit. Because the majority of playlist creators intend to add every song they like to it. Not only 9,999 songs. This is one of the few things spotify has wrong.

rednblu

>> ... ongoing playlists

I have about 20 ongoing playlists.  And I have 110,117 tracks saved in these ongoing playlists-- arranged in the folders and sub-folders indicated on my public profile.

One of my ongoing playlists is AllOfSpotify... which presents all 110,117 of my saved tracks throughout the year truly shuffled such that AllOfSpotify... contains no track that I have played in the last 90 days, for example.

Master_Kosa

If only 1% reach that number then there is no need for that limit altogether. If it is becaus of downloads then limit download to some number.  I doubt anyone downloads their entitre library.

This is another annoying limitation that is pushing people willing to pay for music to piracy...

mathroule

Please Spotify remove this stupid limit. It's so frustrating to not be able to save more song in my library. I don't want to move all my song to playlists and have to uncheck all of them from my library.

Thanks

cittauk

I agree. Spotify effectively became my music collection. Why have a streaming service for a music collection if you’re limited to the amount of tracks? 

Im currently on a trial period with Apple so I can listen to music I own PLUS new stuff I discover on Apple. 

zenubio

I'm curious for those that have maxed out there 10,000 track library.  How do you know manage your music?  Playlists are the only workaround I've found, but how do you decide what is in your library vs what is in a playlist?