Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
duginov

Just to put it in perspective. Frank Zappa has 175 albums on Spotify. Bob Dylan and Deep Purple - 60 each. Granted, some of them are reissues, so those three are not "really unique" 277 albums, but "only" 200 probably. If average number of songs on the album is 10 - then just those three artists' discographies will take out more than 20% of infamous 10,000 item count. Just 3 artists. 

AdevaKaman

i am sharing this "idea" on social media with the tags #nolimitmusic Spotify Spotify #unlimitedexperience #10ktracklimit #breakthe10ksonglimit 

as paying customers this should be unlimited...

felizchachacha

What's the technical reason for limiting total library? Limiting complexity of the database, etc.?

Make unlimited library a paid feature then. I would pay for it.

smkspotify

They really should make it a paid feature at the least. I’m sure more people would sign up. 

Djjfive
When there are other equivalent streaming services that do not have this cap for the same money it’s not really greedy is it? It’s just asking like for like in a comparison to what else there is out there.
Spotify has a great app and probably the best platform for streaming but why should there be a limit when others do not have it?
If they actually gave us an answer then maybe we could sympathise or not but they continue to chose to ignore us which is more what this has become about for many.
logarithmyk
I encourage everyone who comes across this community thread to regularly
tweet @SpotifyCares, @__spo__, and @Eldsjal (Spotify's CEO) and let them
know you are upset about this issue.
lmwirshba

@Eldsjal With Amazon’s announcement yesterday, it’s now critical to raise the 10,000 songs limit in Your Library. The message boards are filled with posts from Spotify subscribers begging for this! I’ll bet Daniel Ek isn’t even aware this is such a huge issue.

boshk

why hasnt this bug been fixed yet? every time i try and add music to my list, it tells me it is full. this is the only reason i will not pay for premium.

KLEEMUNS

Because there is a cap I now have around 300 playlists and it’s getting hard to find actual playlists I made between all these saved artists/albums/songs.. PLEASE SPOTIFY GIVE US WHAT WE WANT/NEED

PaulMac

Spotify. Please explain your statement that less than 1% of users are reaching the Your Music limit. Is that based on an instantaneous snapshot of all users at a given moment?

What about users (probably most of us here) who have reached the limit and then deleted songs to make room; are we included?

How about paying customers - still less than 1%?

How about paying customers who've been been with you for more than a couple of years (the ones you should REALLY should want to hold onto) - still less than 1%???

Spotify how about a little transparency?