Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
logarithmyk
My question is for the numerous albums I already have saved, am I going to
have to go through each and remove then re-save so that the new update is
put into effect?

@logarithmyk wrote:
put into effect?

I don't think so long as you do actually do have the most recent version of the app (i.e. you have the new 'liked songs' auto-playlist). If you don't, you will have to wait for the update to roll-out to you. But once it is, it appears that there is no longer a link between songs and albums - I am adding albums and my song count is not increasing. 

PaulMac

@logarithmyk wrote:
put into effect?

Wondering the same thing myself.

@user-removed is correct in that there is no longer seems to be a link between songs and albums. I tried it out - individual songs are added to the 'Liked Songs' playlist whereas albums don't appear on it.

The problem is that songs from albums saved before the update ARE already on the 'Liked Songs' playlist. Its not yet clear whether all songs on this list will automatically count as items towards the 10k limit. If that's the case then it will mean having to remove and resave albums so they only count as a single item.

LifeWulf

Whelp, it's been nice talking to you all, but as it's quite clear Spotify isn't going to fix the track limit issue beyond this incredibly janky copying of TIDAL's functionality, I'm out. I'll probably check back in a year and see if it's still a thing or if enough people leave their service for them to realise it needs fixing. 

supergeek

@PaulMac wrote:

@logarithmyk wrote:
put into effect?

Wondering the same thing myself.

@CowardlyCustard is correct in that there is no longer seems to be a link between songs and albums. I tried it out - individual songs are added to the 'Liked Songs' playlist whereas albums don't appear on it.

The problem is that songs from albums saved before the update ARE already on the 'Liked Songs' playlist. Its not yet clear whether all songs on this list will automatically count as items towards the 10k limit. If that's the case then it will mean having to remove and resave albums so they only count as a single item.

I deleted all of my tracks after the update and I still have the albums properly saved, so it looks like save albums finally don't count as single tracks just like Tidal (which I think is great and I prefer it that way).

PaulMac

@supergeek wrote:

I deleted all of my tracks after the update and I still have the albums properly saved, so it looks like save albums finally don't count as single tracks just like Tidal (which I think is great and I prefer it that way).
Nice one! 
This will be a huge improvement for me as well..cheers 🙂

PaulMac

@noidontwantto wrote:
No @duginov I don't think this is possible ... because while saving one
album only takes one slot in the new library concept... saved albums don't
appear in a playlist where you can play them together?

Again, not 100% certain about all this... will have to test more and will
report back when I see the new interface on my iPhone (I still have the old
one and it seems to work the old way).

Just to put in my my 2 cents. 
Removing individual songs from the liked songs playlist doesn't affect the saved album; this remains intact within the album tab.

If you want to list or play everything you have saved by a particular artist (all songs & all albums) you can do so in the 'Artists' tab of your library. Importantly you first need to make sure to 'Follow' the artist, otherwise the artist wont be listed! I think this might be a change over the old format. 

drunkenpumpkin

Need to keep pushing this #spotify10k

Now spotify has fixed the shuffle issue when casting (finally!), this is essentially the only feature holding it back other than adequate play counts, skip counts, last-played etc. stats for all songs (currently using last.fm, but in-app tracking would be amazing)

TONSCHUH

I just sorted out all my double songs, of my private song collection and have now over 25k songs left. 

I don't listen to mainstream and still don't own all the songs I listen to, like on Spotify, which shows, how ridiculously low the 10k barrier is. 

👎😐👎

choong

I'm not sure why there's even a limit? This is a streaming service. Why is there a need for one? The counter argument surely is that if only 1% of people exceed 10k, then it's clearly not an issue for the majority of people, so why not just remove the limit? There's no logic to your argument and worst of all, no reason for it either.