Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] 'Listen later' Button

Occasionally, I hear about a new album that seems interesting, but I'm at work or in a lecture and can't listen to it immediately. Ideally I'd like to be able to hit a button to mark that album and later, when I get the time, I can sit down and listen to all the things I've saved.

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans for this right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea.

We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know!

Comments
jdamato15

It'd be something like a temporary playlist of folder. Where you can save a song/album to listen to later but you don't have to like it and have it get lost in your saved albums/songs. Then, after you listen to it, you could either save it for good or it would remove itself from the playlist/folder.

Glad to see others want the same thing. I would like to see this too, something like what Hulu and Netflix offer so you can play it later. I feel that just creating a new playlist called "for later" and constantly adding things to it takes up more cache/memory on the app/phone and I honestly just don't want to bog down my phone with stuff like that. 

Karicatlover

This is a really cool idea!

I don’t want to add things to my Queue, because I don’t want it immediately but I don’t want to forget that it exists 

Shortsinseattle

Pleeeeeeeeease add this, there is nothing close to a good work around.

MaxieWoxy

Yep-  still funny every time says there is no good workaround. 😂

There’s a reason why this thread is going nowhere!

Bennif

Accepting other people's wishes is a difficult challenge. For MaxieWoxy it seems to be a too hard challenge.
So Maxiewoxy repeats the same unproductive, unhelpful nonsense over and over again (22 Replies in this thread and not a single helpful comment). Fascinating to waste so much time just because you can't accept other people's wishes.
Once again I wonder what strange satisfaction is behind it.

I don't mind that the post isn't number one on the wish list. It is enough for me not to be alone with the wish.

MaxieWoxy, I don't care about your opinion, but I can't understand why you trample other people's wishes with your repetitions.

MaxieWoxy

It's actually not a challenge. There are plenty of really good ideas in this community that make a lot of sense. Ideas that I will never use, but still make sense.

I'm glad you took the time to count up the replies. I wonder what kind of satisfaction you get from that. I don't really care if you care about my opinion or not, but given the fact that you took the time out to respond at length and also review/count all my responses it ironically suggests you do. 🙂

Regardless, here we are still asking for something you can do today. It's particularly funny when the recent comment was made that there is nothing even close to a workaround. 

Well, I guess this makes 23!  haha

Bennif

I guess there will be more Maxiewoxy, because you can't stop upsetting people who think differently from you. Go ahead and prove that you can best ignore and even ridicule other people's wishes. Great performance Maxiewoxy. I just feel sorry for you.

MaxieWoxy

No need to feel sorry for me at all, Bennif! I appreciate it though. 🙂  I just feel sorry for people who have a solution that they are unwilling to accept simply out of stubborness or hurting their pride.

Am I really upsetting people? It seems odd that someone would get upset by the opinion of some random person on the internet. Why would that affect them? Talk about feeling sorry for someone.

Enjoy your day, Bennif!

Bennif

Hi MaxieWoxy, so wonderful to read from you again. One question: what solution? You don't have a solution, or did you read somewhere in this thread: Thanks Maxiewoxy, this is the solution I was looking for.

No, funny, but stop claiming your approach is the solution you can not either. It is to despair, but you already had a realization, and it applies to you: I just feel sorry for people who have a solution that they are unwilling to accept simply out of stubbornness or hurting their pride.

Almost everyone in this thread is not looking for the familiar way to create a playlist and save music there for later. No, we are looking for something more complicated, which seems to be really difficult to understand.

But you will continue to insist on being right. So have fun with it.