Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] 'Listen later' Button

Occasionally, I hear about a new album that seems interesting, but I'm at work or in a lecture and can't listen to it immediately. Ideally I'd like to be able to hit a button to mark that album and later, when I get the time, I can sit down and listen to all the things I've saved.

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans for this right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea.

We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know!

Comments
Awelotta

Isn't it simple enough to just add it to your own playlist?

Though it would be nice to have a dedicated button for it. That said, it would be a waste of UI space if no one used it.

fishko17

Oh a big YES, please.

I personally just create a "pending" playlist to do such thing. If Spotify could provide this function it would be a great step forward.

arielleshriver

I love this idea! definitely would use.

M33kay

Especially those popup suggestions on the mobile platform.    
I like getting suggestions, but when I'm in a place like the car where I can't handle my phone to pick out the songs I like, the only option left is to clear the screen and lose the suggestion forever.    

A Listen Later feature would be fantastic way to combine songs and curate them when we have time to do it. 

Ozymandias-Ag

I would definitely use this. Great idea.

muffin5317

I have thought about this before and it would be great to have a playlist that would just show all of the songs that I would pick to listen later. Then, I wouldn't forget what song I was going to listen to from that class I was in weeks ago!

JPhi

[deleted] - what I said was said by many others and I didn't read.

(you can edit a comment but you can't delete it altogether? Odd...)

peacemillenium

On a related note, perhaps being able to manually purge my recently listened to music may be a good option.  It was pointed out to me in a discussion that artists may turn out to be some sort of criminal that I want nothing to do with them....  Especially to have them in my publicly viewable recently played list.  I would like to be able to do both of these things: listen later and purge recently played.  I listen almost every day, my list would always be populated.

Magnetron

The earlier mockup is great.  It would allow good input for the weekly mixes.