Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] 'Listen later' Button

Occasionally, I hear about a new album that seems interesting, but I'm at work or in a lecture and can't listen to it immediately. Ideally I'd like to be able to hit a button to mark that album and later, when I get the time, I can sit down and listen to all the things I've saved.

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans for this right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea.

We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know!

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-06-17

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

BradAcord

This is a great idea.  It could possibly generate a temporary playlist that wipes itself clean once a week or so (giving you a week to actually go and listen later).

BradAcord

I like this idea a lot.  Here is a mock-up of what this could look like.  Very similair to how on the Discover Weekly playlist there are options on the far right to either "Like" (with a heart symbol) or "Don't Like" (with a cancel sign), there could be a little clock icon symbolizing "Later" added to the far right of every song when hovered over.  Clicking this symbol could add it to a special playlist called "Listen Later".  This playlist could have chosen songs stored there for a set amount of time.

Save for Later.PNG

MistbornAlpaca

I love this idea! Please vote for it everyone!

slushead

I myself created a private playlist I named "Haven't listened yet" and each time I discover new artists that I like and when I see new albums I want to listen to, I add them to this playlist. I'm also subscribed to a lot of playlist that add new albums every week and to make sure I do not miss anything, I will often add songs from those new albums so I can listen to them later. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but I think it is already pretty easy to manually do what your idea is in the way Spotify works right now. 

teo13g

Truth is i really need this... 😄

birdgirl8

I just found your idea after I had already posted mine. They're very similar. You can actually save any album you want. The only problem is that the songs from that album are added to your "Songs" section, so therest no good way to listen to them separately. I can't go in and listen to my old reliable favorites without having to skip a bunch of songs I've never heard before. My suggestion was to add a "Save For Later" section where one can save albums of interest.

birdgirl8

Here's the link to the one I posted: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Your-Music-quot-Save-For-Later-quot-...

It will probably be taken down though, since it's so similar to yours. 

Slushead: That technique works fine if you're sampling individual songs, but it isn't a user-friendly way to save multiple albums you want to try. 

lynnea1

I created a playlist that I call "Music to Experience."  I would rather send music to a playlist rather than use a feature they would delete om 2 weeks.  Sometimes it takes me months to get around to listening.

Merowinger

Good idea. I work with playlist at the moment but that get's very confusing, especially on New Music Friday.