Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Make 'Your Music' offline on Desktop

This is a follow up of the idea: Ability to make "Your Music" offline

The issue is that on the desktop client, you cannot save music from "Your Library" offline at all, you must create a playlist.

e.g.

Spotify Desktop (Your Music)

Notice that there's no way to make that particular album in "Your Music" available offline.

Yet on my Android client, I see a Download option near this album to make it available Offline:

Android (Your Music)

The only items that present such an option on the desktop client are playlists as shown below:

Desktop (Playlists)

On iTunes (Apple Music) however, I can make anything available offline on my desktop:

iTunes (My Music)

This for me is the biggest problem with Spotify and why I'm currently an Apple Music subscriber.  In general, the desktop client lags behind features on the mobile clients which are actually far better.

There are many more examples of differences that I can demonstrate, but this is the most important.

The ability to make My Music available offline on mobiles appeared more than a year ago.  Can we please have this and further differences addressed on the desktop client soon?

Thanks!

Fotis

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Desktop. You can now download not only playlists, but also albums and podcast episodes by clicking on the download icon so that it turns green Mihail_0-1625666628944.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Jadvad
What are you guys waiting for? We need this!
SpartanLP

I am sure this used to be in the desktop client and seems like basic behavior. It is very convoluted needing to create a playslit to then save it offline. How do you then search playlists hvaing so many. Scrolling through a list that cannot be be arrange aplpahbetically is tedious and a simple search woud be the best solution. Finally, how do you then find only offlline music? Once you have downloaded the music it should be simple to filter to only show offline songs. 

Being a frequent travel I often find myself without connnectivity and wnat to listen to offline music. The above is a must for me.

Thanks.

MaRaS

Hi Spartan, 

I'm signing with both hands below your comment. 

Regards, 

MaRaS 

ggnoplay

Make this happen already!! Why dont you just add this feature? It's already available on mobile apps. I don't want to have lags during an online game just because I listen songs from "My songs" list. I don't want to create another playlist that includes all my songs everytime I add another track to "my songs"... Please make this happen already guys..

AggelosSpl

Come on already what are you waiting for... this is one of the most talked about and most important features of the service and we can't use it? I guess a simple switch is not hard to implement! We went to the moon and we can't add an offline switch on "my songs"...

jamilsonjunior

Yes! We really need this! It's a shame that we need to create a playlist just to make our music available offline. There should be a switcher for that, just like there is on mobile.

YamUrbina

Can't believe I still get emails from this. I already stopped paying for Spotify, I pay to have access to offline music as announced. This forum is useless, Spotify does whatever they want.

I've been a happy Tidal subscriber for a while now.

tanelofficial

This idea is very good and I need it in my life!

EmreKar

Yes. This would be very useful.

Barlita

This would be great because not always you have or want to listen to. Music in your mobile device