Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Make 'Your Music' offline on Desktop

This is a follow up of the idea: Ability to make "Your Music" offline

The issue is that on the desktop client, you cannot save music from "Your Library" offline at all, you must create a playlist.

e.g.

Spotify Desktop (Your Music)

Notice that there's no way to make that particular album in "Your Music" available offline.

Yet on my Android client, I see a Download option near this album to make it available Offline:

Android (Your Music)

The only items that present such an option on the desktop client are playlists as shown below:

Desktop (Playlists)

On iTunes (Apple Music) however, I can make anything available offline on my desktop:

iTunes (My Music)

This for me is the biggest problem with Spotify and why I'm currently an Apple Music subscriber.  In general, the desktop client lags behind features on the mobile clients which are actually far better.

There are many more examples of differences that I can demonstrate, but this is the most important.

The ability to make My Music available offline on mobiles appeared more than a year ago.  Can we please have this and further differences addressed on the desktop client soon?

Thanks!

Fotis

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Desktop. You can now download not only playlists, but also albums and podcast episodes by clicking on the download icon so that it turns green Mihail_0-1625666628944.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
jeansordes

For those using Linux we are stille waiting 😕

MacManDS

I need It, for practical reasons if you haven’t access to the internet on laptop.

jamilsonjunior

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

image.png

BillSmith007

Easily transfer your tracks and playlists to Apple Music, Spotify, Google Music, Amazon Music with https://musconv.com/ tool

youreyeslie

I was sent here by a differant idea where you can listen to podcasts offline. This is not the same idea. That idea should not have been closed down. The management of My Music is differant than podcasts. You can't even make a podcast playlist to download it at all. I dont see why this even needs to be suggested. Why isn't it just the same as songs from the begining?

Keychain28

I think this question may not be a duplicate; deals with podcasts. Sorry if it was marked correctly.

youreyeslie

And Podcasts too! available offline on desktop.

sedonal

This has nothing to do with Podcasts, so I don't understand why this [https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Other-Download-function-for-Podcasts-for-offli...] was deemed a duplicate. I don't understand why the Phone can download podcasts offline and the computer cannot. I'm paying for premium and can't download podcasts on my laptop for my flight? Ridiculous.

BurningKitty

Discovering now that the desktop app, and the first thing I noticed is that there is no feature that can make an album avaible offline. It is not something that goes against the spotify policy or will, because, making an album avaible offline is already possible by making a playlist... But it is boring, making that handling...

So, don't see any reason that Spotify could appeal to. That could make the users life much better !

AeroZ

This feature would help a lot.