Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
RockstarFischer

Would love that

_ti7g335-af7a

Pretty unvelievable that this isnt a feature already. Spotify is becoming notorious for how poorly organized and unintuitive the ui is. A handful of small features like this that would help that problem immensly. 

Jpgchief

Love this idea and love also that in the picture we can see the album De Facto by Lorelle Meets The Obsolete one of my favorites albums this year!!!

GBrady43068

Only issue that I can see with this is that sometimes a remastered of old material gets marked with a release date when the remaster became available in stores versus the original album release date. 

marcaevans

Nice idea!

Bittencourt

Great idea. It would be so useful!

Intergradable

AGREED! For Nostalgia 

NL-T

While we are at it, being able to sort by the last name of the artist would also be helpful, e.g. Leonard Cohen before Bruce Springsteen. For bands, the current sort order should obviously be maintained. Next level: artists's/band's albums to be sorted chronologically rather than alphabetically. I suppose many Spotify users used to organize their LPs and CDs this way.

Gorthezar

I'd love to see this added as an option as I kind of do this already myself however manually 

Jᴀᴄᴋ
I think it would be a good idea, if it was one of many ways to sort music and whatnot.