Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
-harley

it's mindblowing that a feature so simple has yet to be implemented after over FIVE YEARS of input. as great as spotify is for listening to your favorite music and finding new artists, it falls short on its ability to sort and filter as well as itunes, or even winamp, which is over two decades old. get it together, spotify.

vpieter

I've been waiting for this feature to be implemented for almost 10 years now 🙂

PooyaMan
It’s pathetic. So much feedback and such a simple feature. If there is a service that offers this I will switch to it immediately.
NL-T

With the latest downgrade (Spotify call it an update) matters have got even worse. It used to be simple to omit a few less liked songs from an album. No longer so. Spotify seem determined to enforce their way of music consumption rather than allowing clients (such an outdated concept!) to enjoy and explore music in different ways. In fact, Spotify sole use remains exploring maybe a dozen albums at a time before deciding to acquire them or not, after which they can be "unliked". Horrible.

shibbi

I would love to have this, as for some artists I have soooo many albums in my library, so it would be nice to sort them by release date and listen in order that way.

brietman

@shihehe73 

If it its that simple (just 107 lines of code), why can't Spotify do it themselves?

Does anyone know if other steaming services (like Tidal) has the option we need?

My option for now is, put all the albums in different playlist, one for year, one for genre, etc. It's really time consuming. But yeah it works...

jamesbvaughan

Hey Spotify please do this!

michaelbmuller

This is how I typically listen to albums on Spotify. Start in an era I like, then continue to next albums, in date release order. Would LOVE this feature.

Teradactol

This is such an essential and crucial feature. I can't believe it hasn't been incorporated yet.

Is it possible that "Sort your Music" is currently not working? When I log in, I only see an empty overview page.

sortyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com