Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
yugimamahit

Come one Spotify, this is one of the last features I need to fully move away from iTunes to Spotify, the other being more organization for LOCAL FILES.

Acid3P

Great idea! I would like to have subfolders in Albums as well. I like to sort my music according to release year.

leftcoastmonkey

Yes, please! Not having this is what made me look at Apple Music... for now I'm sticking with Spotify, but you'll need to add this.

Nialsh

+1 please let us sort our library by date.

I want new, fresh stuff at the top.  Sort by "Recently Added" is nice but it gets weird past the first page.  "Wait, which year did I save Odelay on Spotify?"

usmlehp

I think release year of an album and ability to sort by year is a must have feature. 

JuustMeKB

It really should be a simple feature...

dwbake

YES YES YES! Sort albums by release year would be great! Did I just read the Apple Music has this feature? Excuse me while I check that out....And they do! Now all I need to find is how to automaticaly move my list of albums to Apple Music from Spotify and then I can leave Spotify. Will miss you, though. Try to keep in touch.

ACAx1985xx

With The Beatles release, PLEASE PLEASE ME and do this! It's essential to listen to them chrono order!

I just started running the 30 daytrial of premium. I'm very suprised this feature is not available. Sorting albums by artist/year is an absolute must for me. Not Sure I will want to continue without it.

Also, when looking under "artists" that I've saved, why not have an option to list that artists albums seperately as opposed to just a long list of every song. It's too long for many artists. The Beatles for instance, the list is ridiculous. It would be great the click on an artist and then see a column of thier albums with the artwork, then have a column to the right of that listing the songs of whichever album or albums you choose. It's one of just a few thing I like about itunes. 

But back to topic, Sorting albums by artist/year is a must implement feature

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2016-03-07

Hey everyone, we think this is a good idea. Please keep leaving your kudos and comments here and we'll keep an eye on this idea as it grows. Thanks for bringing your ideas surrounding 'Your Music' to the Idea Exchange.