Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
ncam

This is a really essential feature for any collector of music. It would help make playlist building (Decade based / Year-End Lists / etc) much easier. It also helps you understand your music on a deeper level.

I really hope you reconsider in the near future. It's not difficult to implement and would make a lot of people happy! There's 600+ of us looking for this feature and hundreds of others who don't use this idea voting platform. It's really a basic and essential sorting capability. Once you build a decent sized library, sorting becomes SO IMPORTANT.

TamarTH

well put, we need this feature now! It really shouldn't be hard

shihehe73

Hi all,

I want to sort the musics in a playlist by release date, so I found this thread.

After looking into the Spotify API, I wrote this:

https://github.com/shihehe73/Sortify

It runs on python3 and sort given playlist by release date. This cannot sort the musics in the whole"Your music" though, but it might do something similar.

Hope it helps!

GustavoMomenti

Hi Community,

I think it would be nice, in our personal library, to sort the albums by the release date. All music lovers love to create their playlists based on specific periods of their lives, trying to reconstruct moments and sensations experienced in a specific year, or based on the "decades" listened.

Look at the picture

Schermata 2019-02-18 alle 12.43.27.png

Luke
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-02-18

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

GustavoMomenti

Oh, but the answer was not related to my post! What can I do?

I think it's important, it's as if someone had deleted the dates from the vinyl in my library

Jpgchief

I think is a good idea and you got my vote.

Sure more than one will love to have this option available.

Drex2345

Yes, Kindly add this feature! It be great to sort songs by release date which would make it a truly richer experience in sorting songs by certain periods in one's life. Thanks! 

A_Musicophile

It would certainly be nice to arrange a playlist in such as way! 

Brunelicia

You got my vote! This is such a great idea, I'd love to have this feature. Sometimes I feel kinda nostalgic and I like to listen to older songs, but it's not that easy to manually find them.