Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
gaspardbos

yes paleazzzz a!

someting like the last.fm cloud tagging method should work.

ryanevans85

The in-ability to sort by year and genre is one of the main drawbacks of the "Your Music" feature.

MicahMoPhoto

maybe it could be a community effort to give music genre tags. Allow the community to tag and then take the top voted genres. 

Kahster

I'm new to Spotify and was thinking of switching to a paid subscription, but lack of genre sorting is a deal breaker for me.  I don't make my own tags, but to not be able to see Last.fm's tags for curation too cumbersome to even attempt.  I was actually very surprised that in 2015 a genre column was not available.

kristof57

I need this feature too.

musilla_com
Hey guys, as there is no update whereas they will add this feature one day or not, I'm wondering if you'd be interested in a tool to automatically create some playlists based on a genre or a year.
For example creating a ROCK playlist containing all the rock songs of your music library.

If enough people are interested I'll envisage making it.

@musilla_com wrote:
Hey guys, as there is no update whereas they will add this feature one day or not, I'm wondering if you'd be interested in a tool to automatically create some playlists based on a genre or a year.
For example creating a ROCK playlist containing all the rock songs of your music library.

If enough people are interested I'll envisage making it.

aaaaaaahh!... give this man a beer! immediately!

Kahster

Yes, pleeeeze!

mormant

I like listening to alot of different types of music. Just depends on my mood. So I basically save everything I like in Starred. The problem is that if I'm in the mood to listen to New Age for instance, there's no way to select that genre only to play. REally want this feature!

Pharoah

BUMP.

Come on Spotify, man up here, this is such a basic need.