Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
Kalmora
A plattform to embrace music should also support the user to embrace the music. Or did I get wrong, what's Spotify is about? Perhaps not the users, but only money? But without users, no money...
lbakewell

This is a feature that needs to happen - I want to sort my albums into genres rather than scrolling through them all

Cannonsv

It’s funny to see that this post is so old and there’s still nothing. I get that this is why playlists exist but sometimes they don’t get it right or we don’t want to go out of our way to make them so this feature is STILL very relevant and wanted. I love Spotify but after looking st the community boards, I see it needs work. 

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

Thanks.

C0ntrolled

@Melody wrote:

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks.

I might print this out and frame it...

bOnBoNsItO
thank you for your kind attention. Best thing I can think off is why can't
we do what amazon does meaning grab and move (sort) your list that way you
want it to be
HorseySungod

I wish Spoitfy had a Indy Friday mix and any Indy artist that's getting streaming of more than 500 streams should get a spin on Indy fridays.Mostly with new music drop gives Indy artist a chance

ctnwebmail

Please add this basic function.

Sorting by genre is so very important when you have a large library, or even just a small one!

aragoneca

It would be good also if there are more filters. I save everyhing what i loke to my "Songs", sometimes i create or add the songs to playlists, but not do that all the time its hard to manage so many songs.
it would be good if you implement different types of searching, by Genre, played times, popularity rate, by Country/Language.
When meen one group frends we listen Russian Music (unforchenetly i can not filter only that), with another people we listen R&B, with other electronic/house.

If you organize everything in playlists is easy to find something, but sometimes is a bit hard to organize all the music in that way. 

daniel9819

I would like to add my voice of support to this.  Every time I save a song I add it to a personal playlist I have made for each genre.  Making this an automatic feature would help to declutter my playlist menu and add value to the app.