Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
patrickgilmour

Yes - I would find the ability to filter on "classical" and "jazz" useful. These genres get mixed up with a lot of stuff, and sometimes I want to focus on one of them alone.

Thanks!

coffeecrazy98

HEY EVERYONE THIS IDEA HAS MADE IT TO ""GREAT IDEA""......VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE TO TRY & MAKE THIS HAPPENING....THEY ARE WATCHING & LOOKING AT THE VOTE TOTOAL, LET'S GET THIS AS A FEATURE!!!!  VOTE

Mcoops
Vote Vote Vote!!!
Mcoops

Add a column of 'GENRE', so we can sort GENRE on ALL playlists, not just YOUR MUSIC..... Sort by BPM too please..

Sjoy

yes, I have wanted this for so long. I posted an idea for this as well. Please add it Spotify! It is a great idea.

mmcgill829

Even if this isn't added in the drop down menu, allowing us to search by genre would be helpful as well. Something like 'genre: jazz' in the search bar. 

Fishing through albums to try to create playlists takes way too long right now, especially if you listen to an eclectic mix of genres but want a playlist that's just one. 

DJ-MastaJ

Great idea and so relevant to how I listen to music. 

bjorno33

is this ever gonna happen? I am kinda sick of hitting shuffle and it plays everything from meek mill to johnny cash. I mean that nice but I would like to be able to listen to MY own rap collection or pop or what have you without making playlists for every rap song I ever save

Mahi_gh

I'm absolutely up for the genre filter but I'd also really like to say this and couldn't put it on a different idea because the title was taken apparently!!! At first when i opened my spotify after this update, i was like WHERE IS ALL MY MUSIC!!! i mean it's great that it's sorted but it already was!!!! When u went to you artists and for example clicked on "John legand" you saw all the music u had of that person all next to each other!! Now  its like nothing is new exept the liked music section and i can't see my music the way I'm used to! All next to each other in the order that I've added them!! Please understand that i love spotify and love music and use it a lot but this is not cool that everything suddenly changes in a way that I'm not at all comfortable with! Music is important and so is the app that helps us listen to it! :)) 

I'm just saying that ok u wanna add smth as an update, do that! But don't take away the options that was already there!! I mean now if i for example don't remember the name and specifics of a track (artist name or album name), i won't be able to find my music!!! That suckssss!!! Pls bring back the way my library was! Add different filters but keep the ones we had! I'm sure you'll do all u can and thanks for that! 🎈

MediumRider

The two things that will make me cancel my Spotify premium the next time i upgrade my phone are the inability to organize your library, and the saved song limit. If you're a user that has reached that limit, sorting through your list of "followed" artists is a huge pain if you can't organize them however you want. We should be able to make folders and group our music, or at the very least, add tags for various songs, artists and albums, then search our library by the tags we've added. It could be genre, year, mood, whatever. It would be useful for Spotify to improve their service by being able to see how users are categorizing their music. It's practically invaluable to get that kind of info from users on how they like to organize their collections. Yet we still don't have even basic filtering\search within our own libraries\follows. It sucks when a service you pay a lot of money to is so frustrating to deal with.