Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
SgtFeelgood

This is definitely my #1 thing that I want to see

adamstifuk

Very good idea. I'd love to see the ability to filter by GENRE within paylists, instead of having seperate playlists of the same songs for each GENRE 

raydageek

It would be great if there was a genre tab in the library. I am tired of having to organize my music into playlists based on genre, thats not fun

Bruxner

This is amazing. I miss this so much coming from Apple Music.

ojusnaravane

Can we please have this Spotify?

Apple Music is sooo good at this. That is the reason I am paying for Apple Music and not Spotify. 

de34

This was two years ago. Why can’t we search our library by genre? This is a simple function. 

Mcoops

2 Years ago?? lol... Ive seen Posts about adding a Genre column since 2013.. and I've personally been chasing it for a couple years now...  There are HEAPS of posts asking for same thing, but they seemed to have closed the idea for now.. said something like 'they are not going down that path'...... ridiculous!

bradleykenny

Would love to have this implemented. Even showing the genre on an album/EP/song would be so helpful. Really miss this functionality coming from Apple Music. Is annoying browsing through new releases or discovering artists and not knowing the genre of music.

ojusnaravane

Agree! Spotify wants to blackbox it's algorithm and wants us to listen whatever it throws at us. 

That is why I love Apple Music and I am paying for it. It feels like I am listening to my own "library" like the old days.

The only reason I even ask this is becuase Spotify has a bigger library currently than Apple Music (especially for international music). If it didnt, I wouldnt even be asking and been happy with Apple Music forever. 

Come on Spotify, you make this happen - you'll get a lot of people throwingmoney at you. 

Guys let's make this thread active again and invite our friends to comment here, so Spotify takes notice, LOL. 

w00dy73

Kudos!

I think this is an awesome idea and I'd like to also add... maybe the ability to refine your genre filter with BPM matching