Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
mimimol

I came here specifically to make this suggestion!! I have hundreds of songs that i have "favorited" and they are in all differnet genres.  I would LOVE to be able to play "my favorited songs" in only a specific genre. There is no current way to do this. Either I have to make a bunch of different playlists which I don't have time to do, or just play all of my favorited songs which ends up being the strangest listening experience due to my diverse taste in Music. Needless to say I don't use that feature.

Thanks in advance for considering this.

Aristeas

Sorting by genre seems to be a major request on this platform... and has been repeatedly opened under different people since 2014??? What?! Spotify - c'mon - that is 5 years ago last I checked! I came here the same reason as all these folks. I listen to such vast categories of music that honestly - it would take me WAY too many hours to sort through my playlist. When you have classical, alternative, indie, rap, metal, pop, techno, jazz, R&B, and on and on and on in your playlist... Sometimes you just wanna jam to one item. Instead, I'm stuck skipping a hundred songs in one sitting. Please, Spotify, this item really needs to be addressed. Thanks! 

_potato_

This would be nice

SjorsS

It annoys me that this simple function is STILL (after all these years) not available. You have all the information that is needed for this simple function. Just make it a handful of genres, I could understand that we wouldn’t want hundres of subgenres, but just the basic ones should keep it overseeable and would already help so much. Now, I’m making playlists per genre which is ridiculous and takes so much time... Come on, help me out already!

Neutrix

this would be nice, please add it

MarquiKaaryn

AGREED! Sorting my music by Genre is a MUST. Beyond frustrating this hasn’t been an update

ojusnaravane

Lets keep talking here, so more people get update emails, and they comment and like more.

Spotify hopefully notices increases interest (traffic & likes) to this feature. 

haydenlillien

It's a great idea, I actually google this idea and lead me here.

I save so many awesome musics to my library but they are not all suitable for different kind of moods, 

if there's a quick categorizing by AI or default information of the song, it will make me more quickly to find the right music by my mood at the moment. 

By the way, great platform here for Spotify lovers to share their experience and idea like a community.

Love Spotify!

z2000z

I'd like to be able to organize albums by genre and sub genre. 
I'd have Jazz and then Jazz guitar, sax, etc. but more like tags I assign to albums and songs so, I can have all of them under “Jazz” to browse all too.
Same with classical but also tags for composer, orchestra, performer, version or performance, etc.
I'd tag a Nelson conducted Bach orchestral performance with Bell with the Chicago Symphony as “Andres Nelson” “Bach” “Symphony #9” “Joshua Bell” “Chicago Symphony” “2017”

mhen97

Yo spotify how many **bleep**ing likes does it take for you to do something about it