Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
darthemi

This is a great feature that I'm have been waiting for year now. Would you please make it happen ?😁

And this search/filter by genere should also be available not only to your music but to the entire Spotify catalogue, so far the only alternative is to browse through playlist which is not the same experience.

Thanks 

Kryankyrie

Along with GENRE, I’d love to see a SEARCH BY DATE feature implemented into this idea as well a general spotify search 

samikroon

Common Spotify... You guys have all the meta data for the songs, what's so hard about implementing this filter, could do it within an hour after getting familiar with the code base. This is the only missing functionality that makes the whole app kinda sucky. Sometimes I just wanna listen to hiphop from my main list. And in the meantime you guys add shitty functionalities like hide from playlist, which UX-wise was placed very badly in the android app. Step it up peeps! 

ctnwebmail

@spotify have NO interest at all in implementing SORT BY GENRE as an option.

This super simple request has been active for a number of years and there are over 52 pages of paying customers begging for this feature.

Sorry to say this but @spotify are just ignoring this basic request that all their competitors have.  There can only be two reasons for this:

1) @spotify are not interested in listening to their customers because they are too arrogant and just don't care about the pages and pages of pleas from their paying customers.

2) @spotify don't know how to do this, which is surprising given the fact that their database already has the meta data of the song genre in it as proved by the suggestions that the App gives based on what the user has been listening to.

So what is it, @spotify, are you being arrogant or ignorant?

It's only a question of time before one of your competitors gets a series of licensing deals from music suppliers that will broaden their catalogue to a level that it becomes a serious threat to your business.  Doesn't anyone in the management of @spotify know even basic business theory??? 

sirichicken24

It was marked as a good idea in 2018, is anything really gonna happen?

samikroon

@sirichicken24 nope, also had contact with support, they like to keep user experience on the same level, any increase would make their product too good😂

febbre

It would be also good to EXCLUDE a genre. Fore example if I'm listening to the liked songs but I don't want to listen to classical music or to metal at that moment, it would be good to be able to do so.

Kilgore87

"Marked as a good idea" 6 flippin' years ago!!!... Still nothing has been done about it... It should have been there to begin with!... The same goes for playing history... WHAT A ******* JOKE!

Why the f*** don't you get on it1?

mangosnake

This probably takes 10 minutes to program.. Spotify is so incredibly lazy and they are not doing a good job making good tools for us to maintain and structure a music library. They are removing features from Spotify because most people "don't use them", but many geeks like myself likes to have good functionality, stats etc. 

paulposts

It's absolutely crazy to me that this still isn't the norm