Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
pmehta28

If you are like me who came searching:

http://organizeyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com/

_c0ldn3s5_

push it upstream boys, its time!

Jemini_127

AGREE 100%!!! Imaging saving so many albums and they're in your albums folder and just one big mess of albums dont know what to pick from! It needs that genre tag or something!

Jpin

I also want to sort by year and by rating (which I assign). 

Mcoops

Yeah, Spotify doesnt seem to acknowledge anything on here pretty much!!! I posted ideas for the last 6 years.... simple ideas like adding Genre......  But they just close off the ideas and dont action anything.

SO I've made the switch to Tidal, who thus far, surprisingly, i have found to have better customer support....

patrickgilmour

Yeah, I switched to Apple Music... on top of sorting/smart-playlists, it also has lyrics in the US and a better Mac app/ Siri integration. Catalogs are more or less the same. Price is a little lower if you commit/take advantage of promos. I'm keeping Spotify installed though in the hope things will improve.

rangersw12

Having just spent a few days replicating my CD collection onto spotify. this single feature would be life-changing (from a SMOD perspective).   Searching by artist or album name is not sufficient.   Even if i'd have to classify my collection myself, i'd do it.     Whichever platform comes up with this option will secure my loyalty, no doubt.     

patrickgilmour

@rangersw12

You'll already have this option in Apple Music... and built-in lyrics and a few other nice features that Spotify seem to be very slow at implementing/considering. In Apple Music, you can also edit your music's metadata once it is in your library.

rangersw12

Thanks Patrick...will check out.

kk_dozen

has this been implemented yet? it would be nice to be able to search by genre especially now that we get the Year in Review which includes info about which genres you've listened to.