Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
johnduffywalker

This would be awesome, but only if you were able to personally tag what genre your saved artist is.  I dont trust anyone grouping my music for me.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

I would really like to see this feature too. I don't know if Spotify have stored genre information with every track or album. If so, it would be great to use this information to group it by genre with an option to rearrange an album or track yourself.

kbrooksc

This would be awesome! It would be very helpful when creating playlists for special occasions such as parties, study sessions, date nights, long drives...

davidyork

I agree that this sort of filtering is required. I have another open "idea" about the ability to tag albums to allow you to sort them:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Your-Music-Grouping-or-Sorting-by-Tags/idi-p/744947

Perosales

Take a look here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Tag-Music/idi-p/57185

Moderators, please combine all threads concerning genres, tags, smart playlists as they all concern the same issue / solution.

When you add up the kudos all these threads have, it will be clear just how hard we need these in Your Music.

I don't mind having Spotify tag music by default per genre, as long as we have a way to mass update them to our liking. Multiple tags would be Awesome as well... For example: genre, decade, mood.

Putting together auto generated playlists based on rules would work like a charm them:

example: "Give me a playlist of all my favorite songs (=My Music) that are genre rock (genre tag), but only from the eighties (decade tag) and the ones I find ideal for Roadtrips (mood tag)"

This would make Spotify perfect for me.

hans-jürgen

Well, the "Browse" tab shows some more detailed genre radios now under "Genres and Moods". And there still are the two dozens of standard genre radios of course. But I agree allowing your own tags on artists, albums and tracks and playing a related tag radio with them would be better. See my explanation how this already sort of works by combing Last.fm tags with Spotify content here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Tag-Music/idc-p/775451#M48339

travisgworkman

I like this idea. I have all my favorits artist's songs saved in "My Music". Sometimes I just want to listen to all the "Rock" (Or any other genre) songs I have saved without having to pick a specific artist or spend a bunch of time maintaining a play list.

tt124

A desperately needed feature.

In addition to what others have said, another issue is that when you add a bunch of songs/artists from radio, spotify apps, related artists, playlists, etc. they dont' get categorized in any way. 

So then you open 'Artists' you just have one gigantic mess of artists and no context for any of them. This is like opening Finder on your computer to suddenly find all of the folders are gone and you just have thousands of files in one place. Would Apple do something like that? No.

Yet Spotify does it and makes it seem like a nice-to-have they may get done someday IF there are enough Kudos.

kdelmonte

I agree 100% with the original post. Please add this.