Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Organize Liked Songs by genre

I like the new update where you can save music into the "Liked Songs" group where it sorts music by song, album, and artist. There should also be another filter: Genre. I listen to all different genres but there are times when I want to listen to only one type of music.

Updated on 2018-10-26

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
Alex_vashchuk

I know that Spotify already have proposals by “mood”. 
I believe similar algorithm could be used to sort “YOUR MUSIC” (or your “liked” songs) by mood as well. 

patrickgilmour

@xania - Any feedback for us all on this feature request?

Thanks!

Ohanyan

Ohanyan_0-1591255708692.png

Rigers

I would like to see this implemented. I've recently come back to Spotify now that they have lifted the 10k library limit on songs. I've tried to keep songs in playlists myself based on Genre but surely Spotify has the genre properties for each song and so it would be easy for them to automatically put songs into genre playlists. Apple is able to do this and the other services I have used. I would also like the playlists to be in alphabetical order.

djMaximizer

It's good idea, just like a DJ to me, it would be convenient to have a key, bpm, rating, 4 tags, colors, genre

AdamDam

I think that this is a great idea; being able to see which genre(s) Spotify categorizes songs into would make it easier to create genre-based playlists

mailsonsilva

I can't believe you guys didn't add this to the Spotify yet.

noodles94

Me too! 

And that comment was made 6 years ago! 

Can you pls make it this year? Would be rad! 

Mojra

Palophelps

I’ve wanted this for so long, I would love this to happen!

jorgelhes

Gentle bump - is this in the product roadmap?