Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
phaneufs4head

The artist/year option should have been one of the first ideas you added. It's such an great option that allows me to listen to an artist from the start of their career to the end of it. It really allows me to catch up when its a new artist I am late to the party on and it's great for listening to old favorites when I am taking long car rides. Its dangerous for me to change the album and I should not have to organize albums into a playlist to do this. You already track years, how hard could this really be?

PanteraBM

Is there a streaming service that allows sorting by year?

Would be a high priority for me and a reason to change to a service that allows this feature. 

j2_718

habibi87 Apple Music allows sorting by year. I used spotify for a long time but I've switched to apple music because of this issue. Managing a large collection of music in spotify is impossible.

brietman

Spotify please add a "sort by year" option when viewing album mode. I really didn't thought Spotify could NOT have this option. Is it really that hard to program a simple option like this???  I mean the "sort by year" option is available in the first audio library ever made = Winamp! Even Windows Media Player has it. IMHO not having a sort by year option, is like having a pre-alpha version!

If you want a good example how a library program for real power users should look like, check MusicBee for example. I

Agian: I WAS a really positive user of Spotify, but by not having just a simple option and removing the lyrics option, is making me thing to leaving Spotify..... 😞

3ugeene

This is a basic idea and this thread is already 2 years old now. How long will you wait to implement basic stuff like this?  

janjandamdam

"Hey everyone, we think this is a good idea. Please keep leaving your kudos and comments here and we'll keep an eye on this idea as it grows."

Why would anyone would write this in a 2 year old thread.  What is expected to "grow" from a simple request as 'sorting by year'.  The data is already available in the song/album files.  Surely someone can shoulder-tap the programmer(s) and get this feature in by the end of the day.  Add a radio button or DDLB at the top with options

- Name (default)

- Year

Put it in 'preferences' if the UI is too cluttered.  Com'on, agile, SCRUM, it's the 21st century, it shouldn't take this long to get some software modified, it should be a 1 hour job not two years.

3ugeene

I think spotify does not have any developers left?. Or I don't really know what. IMO the software (on iOS and desktop) is getting more and more buggy (and with less features.)
Thank you really much.
BUT FEAR NO MORE! You can always leave freaking kudos and hope one day some bugs get fixed.
PooyaMan

Why the felch isn't this already a feature? The most basic way to build and view a collection. How do I move on from the MP3 days if i cant even replicate my yarn. Smiley **bleep** picture.

GooberTronic

Come on Spotify, shame on you for not having a sort by year option after all this time, how many more years will it be??

dansampayo

I would love this!!