Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
gsewake

I can't believe how long this request has been out there (read a request from 2013). I can't imagine the files you use lack that very basic piece of meta data. Seriously. Just add it already.

You have the year of release in the album information. It's easy to allow at least your premium customers (of which I've been since 2013) that sort by that **bleep**/column name.

jorest

4 years and nothing 😄

N3wbb13

Speaking for myself, I only came to the community and to this post to vote because I was in a really good mood, otherwise, I'd keep my frustration for myself (like many others). I can't understand why mobile devices have this option and a computer version doesn't. It's nonsense and counterproductive.

Trust me: 385 votes for you guys to add this feature does NOT express the reality. Owned media and communities numbers/statistics can be deceptive. Thousands want this. It is a mess to find playlist when we are using the computer. Once again, it is nonsense. Please be reasonable and save time for us. Searching playlists is not a good use for the very little time we have available per day.

As crazy as it may seem, this post is almost four years old. That's unreasonable and unacceptable. Please, pay attention to your customers and care about their needs... 😕

MaxDetsyk

+1, I think it would be nice

2nd complaint: 

Dear Spotify: I’ve been a Premium+ customer for four years now and we (your customers) have been requesting this simple feature for at least two of them. I'm seriously angry and resentful that so many federal employees/contractors insisted that Spotify (even though it's European) be whitelisted by our SOCs for download/streaming. Before that, we hade the nuisance of listening to our personal devices or tolerating Pandora’s 17-song library playing on loop. I just learned this morning that Apple Music already has this feature. I’m giving Spotify until Friday, March 30, 2018 to add this simple feature. If it is not a feature by March 31, 2018: I’m cancelling my subscription; I’m taking my business to Apple Music; and I’m going to encourage my friends to do the same. How dare you ignore your customers like this? I don’t know about Europe, but we in America have alternative options. And for all I care, Spotify can land on the ash heap of other companies that thought they could ignore their paying customers.

PooyaMan

COME ON SPOTIFY! THIS IS PATHETIC. EVERYONE PLEASE COME BACK TO POST AGAIN AND MAKE SOME NOISE.

“Album” listing in “My Library” ... you can sort by Title, Artist or Recently Added but not Year. Such a simple addition and the data already exists! This is the one thing that’s stopping me from building a collection hundreds even thousands of albums large to recreate my CD collection on this platform and being a really sticky satisfied customer. Instead I have just the current year instead of decades worth of music because I can’t use such a simple view which exists on competitor services and has been a staple of windows desktop MP3 players since inception. INEXPLICABLE!! COME ON GUYS GET IT DONE!! WHATS THE POINT OF THIS FEEDBACK SECTION IF NOONES LISTENING!!

- A loyal, enthusiastic but very frustrated customer

patrikc325
I still can not sort most recent added.
Kavikumar94

This idea has been here, and yet no effort has been taken. I can't differentiate between 'new' songs and old releases, and not having 'sort by year' option is really painful. Dissapointing in that aspect.

cgunning17

This would make creating playlists much easier! Please add this feature!