Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

gr0-3n2

Appreciate the response/update. I moved to Apple Music 3 months ago to use this feature, thanks for pretending to try though.

PooyaMan
Right.. have been waiting over two years for this simple feature and I religiously check for it after every update like a hopeful **bleep**. Guess I’m going to Apple Music then. Sick of waiting. So basic and the data is already right there in the database. Thanks for not much.
getaholdoftodd
Lame.
nigelvdv

Ridiculous. Even the most basic media players had this functionality back in the nineties... Get your focus back on the basics!

Francoisb52

Seems like a basic function that would be pretty easy to add. 

TamarTH

One more reason to keep a library of music downloaded and use a better sorting media player. Spotify is for finding music, not storing it.

patrikc325
That is why I use Subsonic!
orobert91

Apple Music has this since the beggining. Sorting is a basic feature that should be on top of the backlog.

Steve1966

Please add individual artist sort by date, ditto the same in a playlist containing multiple albums by the same artist. This is my biggest issue with Spotify. Let us see/hear the albums in the order they were released and hear the albums in the way the artist intended. This is a must have for many