Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Crnelius

Why would you not do it?

bloodshy

just do this, spotify.  it's necessary and everyone wants it.

theteacat

I've implemented a simple little web app that does this.

https://theteacat.github.io/albums-by-year/

Enjoy 🙂

trustfundbaby

Love this idea so much that I originally suggested it before being notified it was a duplicate of this 😄

I think its the closest thing to time travel we'll ever have!

brietman

Wow thnx theteacat , it's not perfect, but it works and looks great! Many thanks. Maybe you should work for Spotify 😉.

theteacat

Thanks breitman! Feel free to make an issue on the Github repository if you spot a bug or have a feature request. 🙂

kbennall

How is this a "new idea"? There are threads requesting this going back YEARS! 

fridgecreative

Amazing! Thanks @theteacat.

This has bugged me for years that I couldn't simply just view my albums by date. It was my only real issue with Spotify.

Love the fact that you've included toggles for Albums/Singles/Compliations too. Brilliant.

I am honestly so grateful!

mooshisooshi

I would love to see this! It would definitely make my decade playlists way easier to make instead of searching up every song in my liked songs for the release date 😕

alexhorbach

Please add this! There's a lack of functionalities when it comes to organizing the library. This is what prevents me from completely abandoning iTunes.