Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Robby_vww

Please activate this! This would be a really neat feature to add to the app! 

patrikc325
This was a standard feature right up to the release of the 10 series.
Chromepep

It's been so long. Years. And the data is apparently already there. How in the world is this not a thing? Why are the sorting options so incredibly limited to begin with? There definitely is a bureaucratic reason behind this - I just hope you guys can look past that and give a little thought to the 'My Music' part of the app, which seems purposefully overlooked...

seanoneilaim

Please add this feature I would use it constantly.

kezknowlden

Please add this! It's really difficult to go through my library of saved songs with the filters currently in place as I've got old music mixed in with new...

mfrears

Serious, please add in this useful column - I just busted a gut doing it manually!

PooyaMan
How did u do it manually?

I’m waiting like 3 years for these guys to add such a simple and obvious requirement..
prairiegirl12
I literally looked up the release date of the album and then organized each song like that. Took FOREVER, lol.
PooyaMan
Screw that! I’m trying to add 500 whole albums.. ha
gr0-3n2

How hard can it be to add this? C'mon Spotify, sort it out!