Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort Playlists by Personal Play Count

This way if we come across a playlist or search results that are showing alot of songs, you can sort them by listen count so you can either listen to songs you have heard often that you know you already like, or conversely, you can listen to songs you have never heard and gradually make your way back to songs that you have heard more often.

I have included my mockup from photoshop what this could look like if implemented as i see it.

SPOTIFYIMPLEMENT.jpg

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
rjchevis

We currently can sort our music by Title, Artist, and Recently Added.

The ability to sort by Album/Song Release Date and Play Count would be welcomed!

blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as New Idea and edited title, as sorting Your Music by release date has been suggested here. You may also be interested in this idea.

uokr

In addition to this idea I suggest the following:

Release date is one thing, but what if you don't know it. But most time I remember a time when a song was popular. This "two" dates may be different. So it's the question what is the criteria to say what makes a song being popular for a certain period. There must be some kind of charts. The used charts may vary from time to time caused by changing consumer habits and technology.

So in history (... 70s, 80s 90s) it has been billboard or media control charts (sorted by country, genre ...) radio statistics (annual, monthly, weekly charts).

In my opinion many people copy playlists from this criteria. If there were general playlists like this you could add them without building them. You could limit yourself to extract personal favourite songs to own playlists.

camillo75

Good idea!

A personal play counter could be used also to enhance shuffle mode, queueing first the tracks played less.

Camillo

mysticwolf
Yes, this would be great! I really liked when Spotify made a Top 100 songs in the Your Music 2014 feature.

THIS! By release date would be awesome!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-01-26

Thanks for coming to the exchange to let us know you'd like to see this feature. At the moment we don't have plans for this so we're marking it as 'Not Right Now'. It's still open for kudos though so please keep voting and we'll keep passing your feedback to the teams at Spotify.

johnamoore1

This would be a great feature. Many people play their favourite music most often and sort albums in your music by most played would be very useful. 

JamesUWW

Until then, do you have a fast way of finding out which songs we listen to least? I am trying to clean up my 1500+ song library.

digital-rick

spotify-sort-albums-by-plays.png

Who wouldn't want their favorite music at the top? This seems like the most logical sorting option to me.