[iOS] Add Smart Invert Support for Enhanced Accessibility

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiview/2865843-accessibilityignoresinvertcolors

iOS 11 has an accessibility feature known as Smart Invert. This is a feature for those with vision impairments to help make screens easier to use, and also helps sighted users in settings where bright cell phone light is distracting or unwanted by inverting all colors in the screen (except for those in media such as images or videos)

However, in apps like Spotify, the inverted colors act opposite of intended use due to its already dark interface. This means people who are using Smart Invert who also use Spotify will need to manually disable the feature in order to continue having the desired experience.

Because this issue affects those in our community who have special needs, I implore the dev team to fix this issue as quickly as possible. There is a flag apps can set to tell smart invert NOT to apply to their app, and Spotify's dark interface is exactly the reason it exists. I have linked documentation for this setting above this post. The effort is so minimal but the potential impact on your users is huge! Please consider enabling it.

Updated on 2018-10-14

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-10-14

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Erty

It's stuff like this, which might not exactly be an enormous pet peeve for most, but could also easily be fixed with just a few lines of code, that really shows just how lazy Spotify is, front-end anyways.

I don't like how intent Spotify seems on making me switch to Apple music.

cybersaliva
Music Fan

@Erty wrote:

It's stuff like this, which might not exactly be an enormous pet peeve for most, but could also easily be fixed with just a few lines of code, that really shows just how lazy Spotify is, front-end anyways.

I don't like how intent Spotify seems on making me switch to Apple music.

Yeah I've posted about this before and it didn't father enough votes I guess, but really accessibility features benefit everyone and they should be a priority over new features. Frankly, Spotify has a responsibility here to do the right thing. Their slowness to act is very much noticed.

joshbozworth
Casual Listener

Can you please hurry up and add support for Smart Invert! There is no reason not to.

cybersaliva
Music Fan

It seems something came in the latest update. Album covers are no longer being inverted while Smart Invert is on. This makes me think that some support had been added but the proper path was not taken in regard to flagging the app as a "dark" mode app by design? Or maybe there are strict requirements Apple puts on devs to what consistutes "dark" interface? Either way Spotify should let it's community know what's up.