[iOS] Add equalizer shortcut to UI

I use Spotify with headphones and in my car almost every day. Each requires significantly different tuning to get the right sound. E.g., improved bass for headphones, but lower it in the car which has much stronger equipment. It's pretty tedious to dig through 3 levels of menus to reach it every time I want to alter those settings. A simple, clean solution is to add one line to the "..." drop-down that takes the user right to the equalizer.

Before I posted this, I did check for duplicate posts. There are quite a few which then link to even more duplicates, but none made the threshold of 'likes'. Shouldn't the sheer quantity of times this has been posted mean something? As far as community feedback for an app, this seems like a fairly small ask. However it's been suggested for years but ignored because the original post (3 i've found so far with numerous duplicates) got ~60-80% of the votes it needed for Spotify to deem it worthy to pursue.

Updated on 2019-12-28

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-12-26

Hey there,

Thank you for submitting this idea, we'll just need a bit more info to understand it first. 

It'd be helpful if you could give us some additional details for example, how it'd work/look etc.

Keep in mind that there's a similar-sounding idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Siri-Shortcuts-Support/idi-p/4569462

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

madamezede
Casual Listener

This idea has been posted each year it seems, and it is desperately needed. What is the point of EQ settings if they are not in reach? I'd like to see some toggle EQ button on the main playback screen to toggle between settings, either most used 'favorites' or all possible. Personally, I'd find it most useful if there were 3-5 EQ settings "favorites" that we could select in the EQ preference menu and then a toggle button on the playback screen to quickly switch between them. 

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-12-28

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

nbinding
Visitor

To add to this, iOS shortcuts equaliser integration would be amazing here. Often I have to toggle equaliser off when connect my phone to my car Bluetooth audio, I could then set up a flat EQ setting that toggles when shortcuts detects connection to ‘Ford Audio’ device etc.