Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Airplay 2 Support for iOS

New idea for earlier closed ideas:

Experiencing delay with Spotify when streaming to multiple Airplay 2 devices. Works with Apple Music 

Updated on 2021-08-07

Hello everyone,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. To clarify, Spotify will support Airplay 2. Please continue to use this thread to add your votes and comments.

We’ll post updates when they become available.

Comments
leonid_list

I'm just shocked that developers team can't add AirPlay 2 in THREE and a half years

clem_fandango

The only way I can get around the buffering and stuttering is via Chrome on iOS. It behaves like Airplay 2, pause and play actions are in sync with the UI and there's no stutter.

The macOS app buffers, so does the web app on macOS (including Chrome, strangely). The iOS native app buffers. Trying to open the web app in Safari on iOS forces the native app open.

Of course using Chrome on iOS doesn't allow background play, so iOS can't sleep. No good options that I can find.

jtylerhartley

I would really appreciate a simple update on this if you had one. 

duel007

Airplay 2 has been out for years. Why does Spotify still not support it? You're a huge company, why can't you put some developers on it?

UserKane

Today was finally the day when I solved my Airplay 2 issues - by moving to Apple Music. 

The interface is even worse than Spotify's, but at least I can now stream to my Homepods without constant buffering issues. Worth it!

puttrik
I’ve done the same. Problem solved!
Steedius

An update on this would be nice. 

Szrzei

So 1 year passed and still no estimate of implementation. I‘m considering switching my whole family to Apple Music.

jtylerhartley

Pretty sad that Spotify hasn't implemented this yet. It would be a good first step in making the Homepod mini and other devices more useable. 

Kevin620

When will Spotify support Airplay 2 on the Mac? I use Spotify exclusively and would like to select more than one of my speakers using Airplay 2. Currently I can only select one at a time.