Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
olgabg

Spotify just need to get better BDM people to seal the contracts with it's competitors. We are in the era when competitorrs partner up not compete 🙂 So, yes they loose subscribers in this case!

aknabi

Where's the source to where Apple is blocking Spotify in doing this?

jpejl

I am very close to dropping Spotify for Apple Music because of this very single problem, can't listen to my Spotify playlists while running with my Apple Watch. FYI I've been using Spotify for 6 years...

ma_le

I have been using Spotify for several years but right I am also about to drop spotify and go for apple music. Its a pity. Any updates on the watch app?

jimster1
I can report that Apple music is working great this far 😛
lagstrom
I have read and hoped for that Spotty app quite a while now but I only read rumors that I really cant tell if they are true or not. Hard to find anyone that actually tested it them selves. I so wish they are true and that app will be released soon. Would make life a **bleep** of a lot easier... I am tired of ripping songs from playlists, manually split them and load them onto the watch via itunes.
Anybody have any info? Release date? How is beta test going?
MisiekFoxx
App is very really. Tested it and it works fine. No rumours
olgabg
dob999

Is there any chance to get the beta version of spotty?

franciscosoler
I have finally given up and cancelled my Spotify premium family
subscription today. I have switched to Apple Music. The Spotify service is
great but the lack of response of its team is unacceptable.