Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments

PLEASE let us subscribers of spotify when the spotify app will be available fpr the iwatch 2. been using pandora ALOT with VERY GOOD  results! tgiving very serious thoughts to switching to apple play for this reason. the app im using for spotify, 3rd party has a lot of playback problems even trying to control & stream to my new 2017 chevy cruze. a lot of BUG'S in this generic app!

CJRLightworks

@jimster1 wrote:
This does not help the issue when leaving your phoneat home and you want to play music from the watch to the headset. Not the solution!

Thus: AirPods

BKNY
Just as I expected: Hiring the Snowy app developer was to keep him from releasing the watch app and slow the number of people jumping ship. Spotify is never going to put this out. It was all a ruse.
jimster1

Well still waiting, still no solution in the app store. This "solution" marking is premature. #nosolution

gotdibbs

I'm sure this is not trivial to integrate into the main app, but an official update would be nice.

charliebobgordo
Spotify, do you have an official update on this? Dying to leave Apple Music and come back to Spotify but the lack of a watch app is preventing me!
jpejl

Same here, unfortunately, I had to cancel my Spotify premium subscription and move to Apple Music because of that..

jonrgirard

Any update on the status of the watch app currently being developed by the Spotify wearables team? Pending app store release? It would be nice for external comms to at least make a blog post or something 

davidbag-ch

Hi! I am trying to find that app "decibell" but I cannot download it, in Swii store it is not available and on US store also 😞
Whatchify it is nothing special! it is better the spotify app for Tizen OS thansomething in Watch OS

Joeymendoza

The longer the wait the more it seems that this won't happen.