Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Janschel

No **bleep** Sherlock 

Spielo

@laurenb_21 wrote:

There is an app called Snowy (formerly known as spotty) that is due for release. On their website, you can sign up for an email notification when the app goes live on the App Store. There is not yet an official release date but you will be able to use this app to sync playlists to your watch or use the watch as a remote. All that is required for this is a  Spotify Premium subscription.

This is no longer true. Spotify recruited the developer of Snowy, and Snowy was ditched in the process. That developer is supposedly working on an official Spotify app for Apple Watch, but it's been months and everything's gone completely silent. Spotify should issue a statement on its status.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/5tjj9c/spotty_for_spotify_aw_is_now_called_snowy_an/?so...

Joeymendoza
This was set to release over 8 months ago. It was a ready product and Spotify purchased it and threw it away. Yea sign up for the email you will never get anything back. Im not sure of the hold up but I don’t expect it to change. At this point its ether you go with apple music of you just live with it.
Icertify

Does anyone know when Spotify will build an Apple Watch 3 mobile app? Streaming without your phone - come on Spotify and make it happen!

Ojh872

This will be a deal breaker on if I switch to Apple Music 

BennytheCat

Yea, would love to have Spotify on my wrist when I get my Apple Watch LTE (whenever its released in Sweden).

My Missus already have an Apple watch 2 and is swapping to Apple Music, will wait and see what she things about it.

I saw that its fairly easy to convert playlists etc, but I still like Spotify and how it works.

But at the same time if feels stupid to pay for 2 music streaming services that are quite similar.

I won't jump ship just yet, but would be great to know if there are any work or plans to support the few million people out there with Apple watches that probably are using Spotify.

ctl904

Yeah that's nothing hidden at all. Anyone who really knows what is on their watch and what it's capable of should know of this. The more major thing is the lack of support of offline/sync'd spotify playlist(s) directly on the watch, like you can do with Apple Music, allowing you to utilize the watch for music via bluetooth headphones during, say, a workout, without having to be tethered to the phone still.

stebeeee

are spotify listening?!

bumping this thread! Love the spotify app and would take the interface over apple music any day of the week but the lack of watch integration, particularly where offline playback is concerned, means I am soon to be faced with no option but to move to Apple Music!!

Please Spotify, don't make me give apple any more of my money!

Sort this out. It's the 21st Century! My renewal is due on the 10th of the month and I will give you until the end of Q1 2018. No apple watch app supporting offline playback at this time. No more premium premium subscription! 

Joeymendoza
One thing I have noticed is that their application versioning has changed. Spotify has been using version 8.4.X since April when Snowy was announced.

They usually would do 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 and so on releases just base on historical data. I am on the beta team but I’m yet to see an Apple Watch release. Or any word about it.

I can only hope that 8.5 will have the Apple Watch app. I hope they offer LTE streaming. I would be set then.

This could mean absolutely nothing but I'm just making an observation.

You can always tweet @spotifycares, @spotify, and @spotifyusa and tell them you want this app.

Historical Data
http://appshopper.com/music/spotify

crawtford

Check out https://snowy.rocks/.

This developer has joined with Spotify and are currently working on releasing this app.