[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Related Ideas

Comments
oresot
jake_palandri
The question now tho is how long will it take?
jimster1
Indeed. I have it on solid authority that another gadget has everything ready to go software wise for Spotify support. They are only waiting for Spotify for the go ahead.

So the blame in these things seem to go a bit of both ways.
ikayubi
Visitor
I wouldn’t expect it any time soon if at all. Snowy was pretty close to release if I remember correctly and the beta APIs have been available pre-release to developers. So since we haven’t even heard so much as a hint that it’s coming makes it seem unlikely.
ritasanchez

what is watchify and how do you get it?

Joeymendoza

They have had acquired a working product over a year ago, doesn't mean they are going to integrate it.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/04/12/spotify-apple-watch/

Jonisykes

Anybody have stats on the most votes for feature. I can’t imagine anything has more kudos than this request for Apple Watch app. 

nwa9246810

Seriously people. Go hire a good business development and strategy person and make this deal app happen. Your theoretically exclusive deal with Samsung is just going to land you in second or third place as a music streaming service. I just bought an Apple Watch Series 4 and I get six months of Apple Music for free with it. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is going to give it a try and likely switch because you lack this basic function.

gsycip15
Casual Listener

What a huge disappointment. I picked up an Apple Watch series 4 and thought that I could play music however it doesn’t work with Spotify. Only Apple Music. So monopolistic 

costenga

I just got an Apple Watch, I've been a Spotify user for 8 years and I until yesterday I could no longer imagine my life without it. I have 1 month of free Apple Music and If I get used to it i'll have to switch. I just payed for a app to move all my playlists. It is a dark day indeed..