Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
2018MAB

The ability to download music for offline playback on an Apple watch (without that the watch is connected to mobil data).

philipomara

This isn’t a new idea. It has been floating round the internet since Apple Watch 2. Please Spotify rectify this!! 

jmdesin892

I am sure it will be in a future update of the app... hopefully!

PigeonXtreme

I think that would be a pretty cool idea!

However, I'm not sure how much music you would actually be able to safe offline to your Apple Watch. I feel like it wouldn't be very much.

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting your questions and feedback on this thread - we really appreciate it!

We have some good news for you: as of November 13th, Spotify is officially available on Apple Watch!

You can check out this Spotify News article for more info.

Happy listening!

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting your questions and feedback on this thread - we really appreciate it!

We have some good news for you: as of November 13th, Spotify is officially available on Apple Watch!

You can check out this Spotify News article for more info.

Happy listening!

Simbo1970

Great news you are finally on your watch and welcome HOWEVER the press release reads as though you still need to be tethered to your phone.  When do you hope to have an update to allow cellular use so I can leave my phone behind when out running?

thanks

Oracleyoda
It’s pretty good
zxplod

Hi @Peter.  It seems that Spotify is NOT actually available on our watches.  All that is available is a remote on our watches that controls Spotify.  There is a BIG difference.  We want Spotify, in some capacity, even if it is only offline mode, to be available on our watches so that we do NOT have to have our phones on us when we do things such as jog.  Please advise if/when this is coming.  In the meantime please unmark this as solved as it most certainly is not.  Thank you.  -David

Jaebez

It would be great if there is a function to upload a playlist to the watch. However, I’m sure Apple would like to keep a monopoly on this feature by making people subscribe to Apple Music.