[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2018-11-10

Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly :)

Related Ideas

Comments
Orbsitron

Thank you, Spotify! We appreciate that you are listening to your subscribers / customers! 

I agree with this thread. My priority order is, please:

1) The ability to stream music directly on the watch (no phone required)

2) The ability to download music for offline playback (lower priority than streaming given the limited space on the watch)

Thank you! 

2018MAB

The ability to download music for offline playback on an Apple watch (without that the watch is connected to mobil data).

philipomara
Casual Listener

This isn’t a new idea. It has been floating round the internet since Apple Watch 2. Please Spotify rectify this!! 

Rising Star 12 jmdesin892
Rising Star 12

I am sure it will be in a future update of the app... hopefully!

Rising Star 8 PigeonXtreme
Rising Star 8

I think that would be a pretty cool idea!

However, I'm not sure how much music you would actually be able to safe offline to your Apple Watch. I feel like it wouldn't be very much.

zuxilp6jbp4hnsn

The whole reason why I purchased the apple 4 watch cellular verison was so I would have the ability to stream music while running. Come to learn that the Spotify app does not work without the phone.

Please make the app work!!!!

japoneez
Casual Listener

I'm still waiting for this offline feature or stream via cellular before purchasing an Apple Watch will this be something to look forward to in the future?

japoneez
Casual Listener

After reading the comments come to find I could switch over to Apple Music but how long should I wait to switch?

Frankyee

Muss ich jetzt nach dem Kauf einer AppleWatch 4 cellular zu AppleMusic wechseln, weil Spotify kein Streaming und Offline Musik hören ohne iPhone unterstützt?

webdon

Can you please provide an ETA on when the ability to stream music directly from Apple Watch will be available?  Another runner here and I have voted for this feature.  It's costing me $15 for the Spotify Family Premium account and another $10/month to have cellular/data access on my watch.  Basically, I'm currently wasting $25 every month for something that should be in effect already (imo).

Please provide an ETA for your users so we can gauge whether to stay with you service or not.

Respectfully,

W