Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
ulflundh

This, and no app for Apple TV made my family switch to Apple Music. Same price and more features. Been using Spotify since launch so sorry to say goodbye. 

Raffioli

I'd really like to see this feature added right now I'm on the edge of switching to apple music just for the fact I can use my music offline on the apple watch, they also should add the the playlist select screen not the last played thing screen.

kgreen99

Just about to cancel my Spotify account after several years - now have Apple Music.

Kolton512

Peter, give the people what they want 🙂

mmbiker

Offline upload songs from Spotify to Apple Watch is a must!!

Apple Watch/AirPod combine allows workout without carrying my iPhone.

But without ability to upload offline songs to Apple Watch from Spotify, rendor my AW/AirPod feature...  Apple Music can do this.

Johnnyfirpo

Hello everyone,

I was waiting for two years now for a possibility to explicitly not take the iPhone with when going for a jog with the Apple Watch. I don‘t know how many threads have been opened and premium customers have been begging for a watchOS app. For me, this is it. Got an Apple Watch Series 4. I am very satisfied with it and it works perfectly well with Apple Music. I am not willing to pay for two family accounts just because some people are not willing to solve this problem. What makes me even more angry is that obviously there have been 3rd party solutions that worked. For whatever reason, this has been stopped -> not acceptable for me. 

@__spo__: I am done, canceling now. Greetings to Sweden (still wondering what has happened)

mmbiker
Oh man, that’s frustrating...
antitrendy17

Is there an update here? It's extremely frustrating that I have to have my phone with me to enjoy Spotify on the apple watch. OS 5 has been out. Is there an estimated time when this will be corrected? Thank you!

MrMesi

It's been ages now since Apple Watch 4 came out and offline playback was one of the most anticipated features of it. You haven't managed to release something in 4 months that one person could in 2. You were even slower than Pandora that's only available in the US?! 

What's going on Spotify? Your Watch app is terrible and a disgrace to your company. I've been a loyal listener for years but this is making me choose other options. Just release a statement when or if the feature will ever come.

wesricho7

i was actually shocked this was not available when i got an apple watch 4 for christmas 2018. Please Spotify.. DONT MAKE ME HAVE TO GO TO Apple Music for music during my run!! Offline music for the Apple Watch MUST be in the next app update! PPLLEEAASSSEEEEE!!!!!