Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Vsweg

Spotify you need to develop this capability or you will lose many listeners.  I prefer Spotify and my entire family uses Spotify but with my new Apple Watch, I see that for some strange reason, Spotify won't enable the ability to stream and download spotify playlists to Apple Watch.  I pay for my family's subscription and will cancel it if this function is not added.  I assume I am one of many Apple Watch users that will do the same.  Why would you be willing to lose what will be a lot of revenue when you can add a simple feature to the Spotify app.  I see many folks have written about this for years.  Spotify closes the case because you created an app but the app does not do what everyone has been asking for:  Ability to STREAM and DOWNLOAD playlists without the slaved iPhone (i.e., without the iPhone in range).  Simple solution vs. lose large percentage of subscribers...is the decision that difficult?

onurcam

Please don't force us to use stupid apple music.

misvid

I like the apple music apple watch flow (tried the trial) but I don't want it for various reasons. I'm also emotional bound to Spotify as is my family.

Come on - fix this! 

mikkelmma

I've already enrolled in Apple Music's one month free trial due to the lack of this feature. Please make it happen asap or give an indication of when it might happen...

stu517
They have never responded to this thread. Unfortunately we are stuck with
evanzieg

Probably should go on its own thread, but PLEASE add this for WearOS too!!! (Adding to this thread since it is relevant and it seems to already have a lot of momentum) It would be incredible for me to download all or some of the music I listen to my watch so I don't have to always have my phone when exercising. I don't care if it has to be a reduced sound quality due to storage constraints, but I hate that the app is basically just a glorified remote control.

EduardoMallmann

Oh man, what's up with this!? This is just basic stuff, that's the only reason I want Spotify on my watch (run without phone while listening to offline music). Come on!

testasdaölsdkas

Go Go Go Go Go!

alvarolopez12

We are still wating this... 😞

cory5522

This was a deal breaker for me! I cancelled my premium membership and switched to Apple Music so I can workout without my phone being in range of my watch, but would definitely switch back if Spotify allowed us to listen offline on the watch. Just sayin'!