Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Kai68er

I am also waiting for the spotify offline mode since I bought the watch.

Until now I do not have bluetooth headset like airpods.
If the function would be available it totally make sense to invest to bluetooth airpods.

Today I also wrote the claim of apple regarding spotify.. this makes me sad.

Do not want to change to apple music..

Micha2199

Now the Apple Watch Update Allows 3rd Party Apps, to Stream Music without IPhone - so come on Spotify! Do it!!! 

savu_constantin

It works very well with Apple music!  You can have offline playlist on apple watch and go running without the phone.  So I let you all decide what to do  but i think is obvious you should go to someone that is considering people wishes and not someone that it takes years to implement something that the majority of people is asking for. 

pakbaz

I love spotify and been loyal customer but this feature is so **bleep** convinient its forcing me to switch to apple music. Even pandora added offline listening. Please hurry up guys

BrianSilayo

Is Spotify in the process of making an app that lets you save music on the Apple Watch? 

As in, offline listening. No one carries a phone  to go for a run or exercise of some sort anymore. 

JonathanSmyth

It is so disappointing that Spotify refuse to release an Apple Watch app with offline or streaming. I have a Spotify family account and if we get to June without these features, I will cancel Spotify and move back to Apple Music. 

toenni13

@BrianSilayo wrote:

Is Spotify in the process of making an app that lets you save music on the Apple Watch? 

As in, offline listening. No one carries a phone  to go for a run or exercise of some sort anymore. 

Don't hold your breath, people have been wanting that for 4 years now and there's no reason to hope for it ever being released. I just made myself a trial Apple music account for 3 month and if by then Spotify didn't come up with that feature I'm cancelling Spotify. (been a paying customer since 2012 but this is unacceptable)

maitzja2002

I love both Apple and Spotify.  This feature would certainly bring me more joy in listening to music directly from my Apple Watch on runs or working out but...

While it pains me to say this after enjoying Spotify Premium for years, I'm not sure that I'll be renewing my Spotify membership once my Apple Music trial ends.  Reasoning why: my investment with Apple and their products is far more substantial than with Spotify's app and its unclear what I'd be giving up moving to Apple Music as it's come a long way.

#changemymindSpotify.

MandyDroid

I wait and I wait .. I really dont like bringing my phone running. 

Jaebez
I’m leaving Spotify, too. Not worth having two music streaming providers.