[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We wanted to post an update as a lot of you have added your votes to this idea. 

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Spotify Newsroom blog for updates about any partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
Gbhela

Are there any updates on when Spotify will allow offline music for the Apple iwatch.  C’mon guys it’s 2019 already. Pandora is making you guys look bad.  

azguy

This is ridiculous. They did it on Tizen for Samsung. If this isn't released soon..cancelling and going with Apple music.

jmf3ig

Can we get an update on where this feature is in the backlog? Seems like a must-have for Watch users, and if it's not a capability with the current WatchOS, an update on its availability after the next release would be greatly appreciated.

stu517
Spotify had never replied to this thread since it's creation. Don't hold
kgreen99
Ok, that is it. Spotify subscription cancelled, Apple Music now in place.
STVI

Spotify when did you care about your  customer feedbacks  ? Why don’t you give us information about « Apple watch cellular « support. I’ll cancelled  my family account on thé next weeks to move to Apple Music.

Oracleyoda

Cancelling and moving to Apple Music.

Spotify cannot be bothered to tell its customers what is happening. They must have too many customers

dixieflatline

Any update would be nice. 

Moberg1984

Come om where in tre pipeline is this idea

jdavies04

Well, here goes another customer from Spotify to Apple Music. Well, 5 customers I guess. What's the point of having a cellular watch without the ability to stream music. I don't want to run with my phone.

There's a learning curve when going from Spotify to Apple Music, but it'll be worth it I guess.