Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
AlibabaUK
For now you can invest in offline tiny player called Mighty. Also Bluetooth and sweat proof. I have one and it's pretty good for the money. Of course once Spotify offline of AppleWatch is available I'll be on that. Saying that I do have few of my favourite tracks on watch that can be played if I forget my Mighty or battery goes low.
Godfadda

Pandora allows up to 3 stations to be uploaded to the Apple Watch for listening directly from the watch, on headphones or bluetooth speaker, without the need for the iphone.  This is a perfect solution for exercising, gardening, etc.  without having to carry your phone with you.  Please consider this feature.  If Pandora can do it so can Spotify.

tmac4990

How is this still not launched?

Gbhela

Are there any updates on when Spotify will allow offline music for the Apple iwatch.  C’mon guys it’s 2019 already. Pandora is making you guys look bad.  

azguy

This is ridiculous. They did it on Tizen for Samsung. If this isn't released soon..cancelling and going with Apple music.

jmf3ig

Can we get an update on where this feature is in the backlog? Seems like a must-have for Watch users, and if it's not a capability with the current WatchOS, an update on its availability after the next release would be greatly appreciated.

stu517
Spotify had never replied to this thread since it's creation. Don't hold
kgreen99
Ok, that is it. Spotify subscription cancelled, Apple Music now in place.
STVI

Spotify when did you care about your  customer feedbacks  ? Why don’t you give us information about « Apple watch cellular « support. I’ll cancelled  my family account on thé next weeks to move to Apple Music.

Oracleyoda

Cancelling and moving to Apple Music.

Spotify cannot be bothered to tell its customers what is happening. They must have too many customers