Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Vytazzz

Whats up guys?

I heard about all that situation. Question is - what spotify is gonna do about it?

Should we wait till watch OS  6 or what?

Complete joke that offline Spotify hasn't been added to Apple Watch, I've been waiting now for four years since the original Apple watch dropped!  I don't understand the logic it would massively boost Premium subscriptions? I've bought a Garmin Vivofit 3 music in the meantime, fed up of waiting for Spotify to deliver on promises!   I reckon they've signed sort of contract with Garmin/Samsung that allows offline exclusivity for a couple of years! Daft really as they don't provide any updates on the matter, and it's never been in development testing this long that's for sure!

I've been waiting for this features (offline storage and LTE streaming) for too long. Just bought Series 4 and Spotify still didn't implement such basic features. Cancelling Premium today, great there's a quick way to transfer my playlists to AM (songshift). Bye!
Vytazzz

If spotify not gonna answer in here tommorow I am leaving to AM too

Bdviet

Update @__spo__

MandyDroid
Spotify does not reply to these threads. So many threaten to leave but don’t because Spotify is better then other services regardless of offline Apple Watch playback. Which I also want but won’t leave Spotify for it not being available yet.
retepf

What is the status of Apple Watch offline development?

fimpenb

I’m also been waiting for this feature for a while now. Personally I don’t care about offline mode, but streaming from the watch feel like a basic feature by now. Let’s do it @__spo__ !

rick_marshall

Has anybody heard any comments or feedback from @__spo__? Watch os5 has been out for quite some time now, and Spotify seems to still be radio-silent regarding cellular streaming. It really is becoming quite tempting to drop Spotify and go with Apple Music for this one feature. Nobody in my family wants to do this, but as the one who pays the bill, I'm hating not being able to use my Watch to its fullest! Anybody heard anything?

wholesum

If there is no hard date for when offline listening on the apple watch will be relased, then I will be cancelling my subscription and switching to apple music instead. This is a huge issue with Spotify for me and many others.