[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2018-11-10

Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly :)

Comments
Cust1981

Switched from Apple Music to Spotify. 

Better integration with WiFi speakers. 

Still happy with the switch but offline mode for Apple Watch is one I really need. Thanks for implementing. 

jmd0116

Please plan to implement streaming on the AppleWatch cellular. Also, I’m hoping the Spotify app finally jumps on the ios13 streaming and Siri. I love Spotify, but that flipping Apple Music is too well integrated. Between Siri, AirPods, and the watch—it can be painful. 

barriemac

I need this in my life

toenni13
Casual Listener

If you want a usable music app for the Apple Watch just cancel Spotify and go to Apple Music. Spotify didn't do it the the last couple of years so there is no chance they will do it ever. They don't care about customers and are obviously ok with people switching to Apple Music. Btw, Apple Music has improved so much over the last years, you'll be surprised. It's still a shame because I liked Spotify so much and it's still great but if the people in charge don't give a s**t about Apple Watch users I'm leaving. And I hope they'll lose as many customers as possible. 

toenni13
Casual Listener

PetrusB
Visitor

This is the reason why I still use Apple Music instead...

cchevs444

Please, Spotify, at least tell us if you plan on implementing this.

I'm considering leaving Spotify for Apple Music because with AM I can go to the gym without my phone, with Spotify, I cannot.  Thanks @user-removed for the suggestion of using Songshift to transfer playlists from Spotify to AM.  As much as I love Spotify, if we don't hear from them about this issue soon then I'll probably switch.

MandyDroid

I keep seeing people complain about Spotify not being on the Waple watch for offline streaming. 

Like "my president" says leave if you don't like it. Seriously Spotify is so much more usable then Apple music. 

I also did try Apple music a few months back and I was not impressed. the content waS MEH. TYhe Apple service did not work on as many devices as my Spotify account. Tghe SPotify Family shar ei9s better then the Apple family share.

I ageree that Spotify does need to get offline music for the4 Appler Watch but I will not leave spotify foer this feature and cut off all the ghood SPotify offers to have onel ittle feature that Apple Music offers.

marc3010
Visitor

Comon spotify! We should be able to play offline with apple watch! Will try apple music!  

Xeiro

WatchOS 6 will allow streaming for 3rd party apps. Please go for it Spotify! :)