Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
MandyDroid

I keep seeing people complain about Spotify not being on the Waple watch for offline streaming. 

Like "my president" says leave if you don't like it. Seriously Spotify is so much more usable then Apple music. 

I also did try Apple music a few months back and I was not impressed. the content waS MEH. TYhe Apple service did not work on as many devices as my Spotify account. Tghe SPotify Family shar ei9s better then the Apple family share.

I ageree that Spotify does need to get offline music for the4 Appler Watch but I will not leave spotify foer this feature and cut off all the ghood SPotify offers to have onel ittle feature that Apple Music offers.

marc3010

Comon spotify! We should be able to play offline with apple watch! Will try apple music!  

Xeiro

WatchOS 6 will allow streaming for 3rd party apps. Please go for it Spotify! 🙂

MandyDroid
Honestly I thought that watch is 5 did that.
PetrusB
I know OS5 supports offline listening. I already use it with Apple Music
ParentalControl

We know you can do this spotify because Pandora already does it along with TuneIn Radio and the stock Apple Music. So let get on the Wagon already and do it. 

Also this whole apple and spotify war needs to stop.

Because we all know you do offline and streaming solo without a phone with Samsung wearables and Garmin watches is already in place.

Be Awesome Spotify!

Rather then a Spotapot.

janedoe4190

After trying out the Apple Radio function on my Apple Watch I'm going to add my two cents (or is it four cents now since I've already commented on this thread?) that I think Spotify should do offline listening over streaming. I'd be pretty happy with just a couple albums or playlists saved to my watch for working out. 

stu517
they have never replied to this thread so your thoughts are not
considered.
toenni13
@MandyDroid wrote:

I keep seeing people complain about Spotify not being on the Waple watch for offline streaming. 

Like "my president" says leave if you don't like it. Seriously Spotify is so much more usable then Apple music. 

I also did try Apple music a few months back and I was not impressed. the content waS MEH. TYhe Apple service did not work on as many devices as my Spotify account. Tghe SPotify Family shar ei9s better then the Apple family share.

I ageree that Spotify does need to get offline music for the4 Appler Watch but I will not leave spotify foer this feature and cut off all the ghood SPotify offers to have onel ittle feature that Apple Music offers.

Well that's what everyone is doing, leaving. Good for you for not switching to Apple Music but if you have an Apple Watch and want to listen to music on Spotify without your phone, the Apple Watch is worthless. So what do you think people will switch more likely, the AW (that they already paid for) or the streaming service (which you can cancel in a matter of minutes; also no problem nowadays to transfer your playlists)? And this is not about whether or not Spotify is better than AM, it's about Spotifys willingness to lose customers that have Apple Watches by ignoring them. (Newsflash: They are ignoring you as well if you think Spotify "needs to get offline music for the Apple Watch". They don't care.)

eli90us

Please add offline listening to iwatch. This is totally ridiculous that it has not been added. We are at over 4,000 votes. Lets gooooooooooooooo!!!

(need it for mountain biking/hiking where there is no cell signal)